Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
HEY GUYS!!!!!

Tommie's getting better every day and starts her strength rehab this week.... Again, thanks for all your prayers....

I hope all of you have a great week... We really hate that we aren't there with you... Please keep Craig out of trouble...

We are planning on attending the Texas FROG rally in Kerrville in October so maybe we will see some of you there...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Whoooo Hooo!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #182

Wanted everyone to know that Tommie is improving every day.... She now has therapy 3 times a week and grows stronger with each session...,

It sounds like Goshen has been a great success and I know you all have had a blast ...

We are looking forward to the Texas FROG Rally in October and hope to see some of you there....

ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #183

Awesome news, praying for continued improvement.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #184

HEY EVERYONE.. Safe travels on your way to your next destination... Look forward to seeing some of you out on the road....

Old 08-15-2015, 06:17 PM   #185

See you in Kerrville,

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:39 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Crazy Horse and the man who started it taken in 1964.

Here is a picture of wife Cathy with Jadwiga Ziolkowski , the daughter of Korczak & Ruth Ziolkowski taken June 2015, during a rare night blasting commemorating Ruth's Birthday and the 139 year anniversary of the battle of the Little Big Horn. A very moving evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6270046.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	93402   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6270035.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	93403  
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:44 PM   #187

Great pictures!
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:22 PM   #188

Simcha....

Wasn't that a moving place... We loved it... That area is one of our favorite areas to spend time in.... We stayed near the town of Custer and spent a few days seeing the sights....

Old 10-31-2015, 08:02 PM   #189

It was a very moving experience for us. We visited Crazy Horse on a Wed. & were told they were doing a night blasting on Friday night starting at 10 pm. Being senior citizens (that was past our bedtime). I talked Jeff (husband) into going & it was a wonderful experience. They were estimating 7,000 visitors that night. We met both of the daughters that are now running the project & the night blasting was a once in a lifetime experience. I felt very honored to be a part of it. We definitely timed it right!

We stayed at the campground in Custer. Not one of our favorites but we were in walking distance of downtown & really enjoyed the town of Custer. It was a good base camp for all the attractions in the area.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:10 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
It was a very moving experience for us. We visited Crazy Horse on a Wed. & were told they were doing a night blasting on Friday night starting at 10 pm. Being senior citizens (that was past our bedtime). I talked Jeff (husband) into going & it was a wonderful experience. They were estimating 7,000 visitors that night. We met both of the daughters that are now running the project & the night blasting was a once in a lifetime experience. I felt very honored to be a part of it. We definitely timed it right!

We stayed at the campground in Custer. Not one of our favorites but we were in walking distance of downtown & really enjoyed the town of Custer. It was a good base camp for all the attractions in the area.

You must have stayed at French Creek. We were there this summer. The place is ancient and run down not to mention on top of each other.

Paul
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:32 AM   #191

Yes. It was listed in Good Sam's & Passport America. We did our homework & thought it was ok. It was a little scary when we first got there but the owner was nice & we felt safe. However we were definitely on top of each other. Our 5th wheel stairs were 2" from our neighbors water hookup. Also our neighbor would sit outside & read & the only place to do it was under his 5th wheel. It was also very interesting to watch a very large Class A back in (and he did it!). That campground is the smallest campground we have ever camped at. Knowing that it was full hookup, a good price & a safe area - not sure what I would do if we were in the area again and that was the best location. I loved downtown Custer & I liked the idea of walking to downtown. The location was excellent.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #192

We stayed at Ft. Welikit.. It was a great CG.... Centrally located so everything was easy to get there... We 'll definitely stay there again....

Tags
vent