Old 10-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #11

Our 2015 with RB has a heat pump in the front but does not show a mode for a HP in the rear. I thought that was strange but then Dan maybe explained it since the bedroom furnace also provides heat to the basement plumbing areas. If you ran a heat pump in the back nothing would get to the basement. Does that sound logical or is my unit messed up?

Wayne

Old 10-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
Our 2015 with RB has a heat pump in the front but does not show a mode for a HP in the rear. I thought that was strange but then Dan maybe explained it since the bedroom furnace also provides heat to the basement plumbing areas. If you ran a heat pump in the back nothing would get to the basement. Does that sound logical or is my unit messed up?

Wayne
when I need to replace my AC units I will put 15000 btu heat pumps in both spots. I am told the system will support it. We run the HP until the temp gets down to 40 or so then it's on to the furnace. When it's cold enough to freeze the HP won't work anyway. I don't like the noise so running the back when we are in the front and front when in the back is a nice advantage. The back HO isn't even an option.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:32 AM   #13

Phil the strange thing is I sent FR an email asking if there was a heat pump in the rear. They did reply after your post saying no it was optional. This is the strange part the only options I remember were the washer and dryer and the satellite dish.

Wayne
Old 10-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #14

Wayne,
It may not have been listed as optional but if you specified that you wanted one in the rear they would have installed it at extra cost.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:20 AM   #15

There have been some problems with the ducts getting pinched/crushed on the front furnace behind the couch. There is another thread about it.

Furnace outlets

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
Phil the strange thing is I sent FR an email asking if there was a heat pump in the rear. They did reply after your post saying no it was optional. This is the strange part the only options I remember were the washer and dryer and the satellite dish.

Wayne

Wayne,

I ordered my coach through my friend that owns buffalo RV and Forest River agreed to all of the options I wanted that they did not offer on their build sheet as an option. My friend told me that most manufacturers will accommodate the customer. The options I asked for were readily available since they were putting them in the charlestons anyway.

Jason