Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #21

That’s why I call it “An Adventure”!!!!
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:39 PM   #22

Living in your coach 24/7/365 presents all new pressures on your coach and it components.....

Everyday use vs everyday for a few months use tests every system in ur coach - as we’ve discovered.....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #23

Years ago, my dad and sister (32-33 years) took a road trip to from MN to Florida. Dad had an oil change done at Goodyear and they wanted to sell him tires. They weren’t going to let him leave without tires. He finally convinced them that he was going to trade the car soon, 1982 or 1983 Aries K car, so he didn’t want to spend money on tires. They let him leave.
After driving all day, one of the front tires is bald. He switches the tire with the spare. Another day of driving, the tire is now bald.
Dad takes the car to a tire shop, Tennessee or some place, and they look at the suspension when it is on the lift. You can see where the tie rod nut was churned over about 4 inches or so (the threads are clean).
It seems that the tire shop, Goodyear in Golden Valley, MN wanted to sell tires and an alignment at any cost.
Hard to say if potholes or other road issues caused your alignment issues to your oil change shop. 😒
Kennerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #24

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
UPDATE: I had a 4 wheel alignment done in car and YES rear was out....

Do have new tires on rear now so that issue seems to be resolved....

On my Tire Pressure Monitoring System.....

I appeared at their booth which had numerous potential customers in it and told the rep that that asked to help me that I thought their product sucked!!!!!

I was instantly moved to a corner of the booth and sales manager and service manager both asked why I felt that way....

I showed them the picture of my blown tire and told them that their system did NOTHING to let me know I had an issue...

I also told them that if the folks following me at time of blow out hadn’t notified me, I had the STRONG potential of having tire catch on fire followed by car and then possibly my coach!!!! Stated that if that had happened they’d be talking to my attorney!!!

KUDOS TO THEM!!!!

They then had me go to my coach and get old unit plus all ten tire monitors.....

Then they replaced my entire system - newest on-dash unit plus 10 new tire monitors....

So I’m very pleased to report that the folks at Tire Minder stepped up and took excellent care of my issue.....

Awesome news and great to hear they stand behind their products!

It isn't often I see someone who is as close to me as your home base is.
'17 XLT Screw | Oxford White | FX4 | 3.5L EB | 3.55 ELD | 302A |Chrome Pkg | Max Tow Pkg w/TBC | 36 Gal. Tank | Bak MX4 & BedRug | WeatherTech Deflectors, Floor Liners, & Mud Flaps | VA Navi | SYNC 3 Connect | Tailgate Step & Damper | Husky Liners | Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT 275/65R18

My wife and I are looking for our 1st travel trailer.
LynnGlaze13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #25

Did the Tiremimder reps have any idea as to why the sensor failed to report?
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:27 AM   #26

The tmps did not give a signal, because the pressure was never to low, untill yust before the tire blew.

This is purely an alignment issue, as TS already indicated .

I had several of these wear issues, but even periodical checkup yearly, called APK here in the Netherlands, was not a disaproval-point, as long as the ply's did not come free, as is the case on your other tire on the picture.

But did you not noticed it , when checking the tires yourselves.

I did not see it too, because it was on the innerside of car .
EDIT: reading back, I see 3 pages, only read first.
But changing old system for new, was a political decision , to my opinion. And you then must have external sensors.
Temp message ,then also will not give, because sensor measures a temp between in and outside the tire.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:39 AM   #27

walmart thread

Don't buy Wally World tires, cheap crap, Sam's are too.
strgrazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #28

Praise God, everyone is OK. God bless!
RLHAMILTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by strgrazr View Post
Don't buy Wally World tires, cheap crap, Sam's are too.
Maybe on their lower priced tires, but I have 58,000 miles on a set of their 50,000 mile tires. BF Goodrich and still have 5/32 on 2 and 6/32 on the other 2. This is on a loaded down pickup. Original tires were worn out by 26,000 miles.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #30

Sams club tires junk???

Not sure what brand you are saying are junk but I have been buying Michelin tires from Sams Club for over 20 years and they are authentic Michelin tires that always provide more mileage than they are rated, ride great and awesome traction in rain or snow! Last set was rated for 70K miles and I had 82K on them when replaced and still had legal tread. Beware of statements that categorize ALL products from any retailer as junk!
Old 08-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #31

Warranty not honored.

True statement, I stand correctted about the general statement. Saw Wallyworld and Sam's immedately cheap and crooks.

I've had Sam's not honor a warranty on Michelin X radials that had a 70,000 warranty, which they sold to me, rotated & balanced every 6000 miles on my TV, had all the paperwork to confirm, wore out at 49,000. Not honored because **"They were over 4yr old"**, that is Sam's policy, they were 4yr 2 months to be exact. Called Sam's Corperate, was told the same. Read the fine print, was not stated anywhere. Wally has same policy both are under Sam's.

I've a bad taste of them, never again, a local tire shop honored the warranty with no issues and had similar prices.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #32

Sams club tires junk???

Well that's odd, I guess the rest of us have been lucky

I change tires on motorhomes and trailers every 5 years regardless of mileage. Good to hear your warranty was honored somewhere else, I buy them at Sam's for the nationwide road hazard warranty, hope I never have to use it!

Old 08-16-2019, 01:36 PM   #33

Is the Roadside good after 4 yrs.??? You might want to check to avoid a bad time if an issue happens in your 5th yr. Is coverage thru Sam's or an insurance comp.?? My warranty was not honored at Sam's Club on College Rd in Wilmington, NC. , We had Roadside also.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #34

Sounds like they did not provide you with the road hazard warranty paperwork, our receipt states Sam's Club roadside warranty expires after 4 years or when tread is less than 2/32nd of an inch. The mileage warranty is covered by Michelin directly. Makes no sense why they would not honor mileage warranty with Michelin.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:39 PM   #35

Tire Minder?????

Hello, I have a Tire Minder system on my 38 ft class A and toad with a repeater, talk about a unreliable piece of junk! It will start beeping in the middle of the night with the dreaded "no5" code telling me it has lost a signal on a random tire, yet when I had a flat on one of my toads front tires it never indicated a problem. A passing driver layed on his horn and alerted me of the problem. By then it was too late, the tire was shredded.
smackey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:59 PM   #36

Tire Minder

Good to know Smacky, just took Tireminder off my list!
Old 08-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #37

Check for possibility of a recall

I had a thread separation which damaged my 2012 Lexington as well as my motorcycle trailer. Contacted Michelin and they checked and found my tires were the subject of a recall. They reimbursed my deductible for my insurance claim I started. Paid for repairs and replaced all my tires.
Dennisandsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Attachment 211045
Attachment 211046

Nothing like a blow out at 60+ mph on a rear tire on tow car to ruin a perfectly good day (and take 3.5 hrs to resolve)

Especially when your *#*#* tire monitoring system doesn’t acknowledge that anything has happened!!!!! (Thank goodness for a kind soul following me that let me know....)

The second picture shows the other rear tire - was about to have same thing happen there..... Obviously, there’s an issue that needs to be addressed here - alinement issue ???? Appointment set for Wednesday AM....

Also - just to show that the good Lord DOES watch over you - issue occurred 14 miles from a Walmart .... plus they even had two tires in stock.... Thank You Lord!!!
Reminds me of my 7th birthday. The family and I wore on our way to camp in PA when they’ve whole wheel fell off the back of the tow vehicle. My dad had taken the tow vehicle in for a rotation, but they didn’t go back and tighten everything. The trailer ended up taking control, flipped us around, and we ended in our side. I still remember the wheel bouncing between the back of the tow vehicle and the trailer, and climbing out of a vehicle on its side. We had birthday cake at the tow yard waiting for my grandparents to pick us up.
Gregory.Empfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:10 AM   #39

I feel your pain

I was heading to north of Seattle from central Florida. I has been on the road for over a week and was about three hours from my final destination and about 16 miles south of I-90 heading into dust when a woman a long side of me starts flashing her lights. I pulled over to find my car that I was towing was totaling missing the right rear tire. It had even destroyed the rim, passenger flaring and part of my bumper - all three to be replaced. I had my rear camera on her the whole time and never noticed a thing. I still have 4000 miles and five weeks to go till I get home.
DavidShifflett is offline   Reply With Quote