Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #1

The more I'm in my Berkshire, the more I Love it!!!

Just thought it was time to counter the "Berkshire Hating Post".... Got tired of all the negativity directed at a great FR product...

We currently have a 2008 Berkshire and absolutely love it... If we were able, we'd own a newer model, but don't see that happening.... FR has, without question, the best customer service department in the industry! The guys in that department are the absolute greatest when it comes to working to help resolve any issue you might have...

Obviously, any and all coaches made today WILL have issues... Either get used to it or get out of RVing.... Think about it - even the most expensive coach out there must have issues.... If not, why even issue warranties with them...

So come on owners of this great coach - let's hear why you live your coach as much as we love our old girl....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #2

Well said Ernest. Ours is a 2011 RB and we have had it from new in 2012. It certainly isn’t perfect and yes we have had to repair it. FR has stood behind their product better than any company I have ever dealt with. We love our Berkshire and plan to continue to love it for several more years.
zuckerburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #3

The more I'm in my Berkshire, the more I Love it!!!

We love our Berkshire, we own the same rig as zuckerburg but have only owned it since last August. We took it on a long trip after we bought her. I’ve named her Buffy. So far we’ve just had to replace the step. Learning curve moving up from a 5th wheeler. We are looking forward to plenty more miles in the future. We are attending a rally in Gettysburg and another trip way north in July. I hope to make a trip to Omaha but may not be this summer.
omahagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #4

We love our 2011 390BH 60 bought new in July 2011. We have been to Baton Rouge La, Stanford Fl. (2 trips) , Phoenix AZ ( 2 trips), Rockford, IL, and Oceanside CA. The next trip we have planned is to Seattle, Wa. in June. Yes we have had some repairs, none were caused by Forest River.
We have loved every minute of travel and staying in our RV, look forward to many more trips in the Berkshire.
cudntherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #5

We had some REAL ugly issues with our Berkshire - but I agree, Mitch, Randy and the rest of the team at the Diesel division really stepped up to the plate and fixed some really serious issues we had with our Berk. No doubt about it FR customer service is #1!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:45 PM   #6

Not totally disappointed.

I am reasonable about most things I have run into with our Berk. We have run into what the coach repair/remodeler has told us is a bad run of the material used to upholster the furniture in this unit. This unit west built between 2013 and 2015, which happens to coinside with what we have been told by srveral repair shops and the manufacture of the seats. Forest River has not done anything to help with what we consider a manufacturing defect. We have corresponded several times and the emails have been noted but no solution was offered. We are paying for the complete replacement of the upholstery, a pretty penny I might add, but once the material starts to come apart it deterioutes very quickly. The other issue I have is the documentation of the coach. No whirring diagram or anything.
Sandy-n-Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:20 PM   #7
Berkshire 390QS

Furniture

Our furniture did the same and it is an 2009 Berkshire. For some reason, most likely cost FR has continued to use the cheap material. Getting FR to replace runs hot and cold. I think they have a money limit on each coach for warranty work and after that is reached tough luck in getting support. Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #8

Sandy-n-Don (and all others),

Write to FR. Give them your VIN (they use the last eight digits to track your coach/TT).

Ask them for your wiring diagram.

I did. They sent it to me.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:34 PM   #9
Geno

Here a suggestion for you don't like your service or coach go buy a THOR and you will see the overall quality of a Forest River.
allman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #10

Ernest 917 you are so correct with much higher priced units. At the beginning of this years NASCAR season Jimmy Johnson started with a new coach. His driver dropped it off at the manufacture for a weeks worth of warranty work after a few races. I'm thinking his was at least a million!
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #11

We have to agree. Just bought a 2018 Berk 38A in January. Right now we’re in a WalMart just outside Little Rock AR on our way from OH to TX. Traded in a 2015 Georgetown. The ride, the steering, the power and the noise level are a major step up. We loved our GT putting 30k on it in three years. This is our fourth trip in our new Berk since January including 5-7 nights in the low 20s. What a great machine. Two pieces of advice: A soft answer turns away wrath when wanting service, and (as someone else told me) “your motorhome has to become your hobby” and mine certainly is. Happy camping.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy-n-Don View Post
I am reasonable about most things I have run into with our Berk. We have run into what the coach repair/remodeler has told us is a bad run of the material used to upholster the furniture in this unit. This unit west built between 2013 and 2015, which happens to coinside with what we have been told by srveral repair shops and the manufacture of the seats. Forest River has not done anything to help with what we consider a manufacturing defect. We have corresponded several times and the emails have been noted but no solution was offered. We are paying for the complete replacement of the upholstery, a pretty penny I might add, but once the material starts to come apart it deterioutes very quickly. The other issue I have is the documentation of the coach. No whirring diagram or anything.
I'm the 2nd owner of a 2012 390BH- Love it. What I really like is the way the factory helps 2nd owners like they bought it new.
My experience with seat material was very different- I wrote the factory about replacement covers-( looking to buy them) They asked for a tag that was on the drivers seat itself, and sent me new covers under warranty on a 5 year old, 2nd owner coach! I then removed the seat and had a local car interior guy swap them out for me.

I'm also very surprised at the 10-11 mpg I get cruising 65-70 on the highway, The comfort while driving is also so enjoyable.

After lots of research before buying-(2+ years) and 1 year after buying my 390bh- I still think they are the best value in a diesel pusher rv.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:54 AM   #13

Like Ernest I have a 2008 Berkshire. Mine is a 39QS. The wife and I love the layout, the spacious living area and Hugh Kitchen area with peninsula. The wife and I have not found another layout we like better which is one reason we still have it after 10 years. As to quality mine is like new both inside and out. I have a quality build. I believe it was coach 196 off the line. Randy, Mitch, and Andy are great to work with and I appreciate the factory and all they do for us every day. Anyone at Goshen rally should take the tour and meet the players.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #14

Silver....

Mine is a 39QS as well and I can't say enough good things about it.... Mine was #54 off the line and it INCLUDES MANY items that are now options - I guess they loaded them up early in production....

I love our Mercedes engine as well - torque and mpg....

We have so much confidence in this 10 yr old coach that we plan on full-timing in it beginning mid-summer......
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire