Old 01-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
marialee-Berkshire410qs

Thetford Aqua Magic Residence Flush Leak

Berkshire 410QS 2011
Didn't quite know how to word title so I will explain the problem. When stepping on the foot flush lever, at times the water continues to flow into the bowl very slowly. Surprise water overflows the bowl, yuck. Is there someway to tighten up flush lever so water flow is shut off completely? I know one of you DIY'ers can help me. Looked on Thetford web site, couldn't find a thing. Thanks

Old 01-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by marialee View Post
Berkshire 410QS 2011
Didn't quite know how to word title so I will explain the problem. When stepping on the foot flush lever, at times the water continues to flow into the bowl very slowly. Surprise water overflows the bowl, yuck. Is there someway to tighten up flush lever so water flow is shut off completely? I know one of you DIY'ers can help me. Looked on Thetford web site, couldn't find a thing. Thanks
Just went thru the exact same thing. Ended up removing the toilet, removed the pedal (pulls off at the pivot very difficult). Removed the inside of the valve and lubed the inside and the valve with silicone paste lube , reassembled and it works better than it did new from the factory and the replacement last year.

Strongly suggest taking pictures before you remove the pedal showing where the return spring seats, pictures after the pedal is removed of the valve and its position. The tech that replaced ours last year assembled the valve out of phase and the water wouldn't shut off so he had to come to the trailer and re-do it. I just got lucky as I didn't take pictures.

Thetford Aqua Magic Style II White China Bowl Toilet

Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

Good Job

This is really good information Coot, no doubt others have had or will have problems with this bowl problem. Ours is brand new and it took reading the directions and operation three times before we figured out just exactly what it was doing. Now I know what to do in the future, also I am installing shut off valve on the wall behind the toilet, that I can at least cut it off first:
Thanks for covering: Also, just posted a followup on our future FROG Rally we want to have here in Marietta, GA on the 4th of April, would love to you and the bride come visit:
Kickster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Just went thru the exact same thing. Ended up removing the toilet, removed the pedal (pulls off at the pivot very difficult). Removed the inside of the valve and lubed the inside and the valve with silicone paste lube , reassembled and it works better than it did new from the factory and the replacement last year.

Strongly suggest taking pictures before you remove the pedal showing where the return spring seats, pictures after the pedal is removed of the valve and its position. The tech that replaced ours last year assembled the valve out of phase and the water wouldn't shut off so he had to come to the trailer and re-do it. I just got lucky as I didn't take pictures.

Thetford Aqua Magic Style II White China Bowl Toilet
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
marialee-Berkshire410qs

Do I have to remove toilet to remove foot pedal?

Tags
leak