Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #41

Boo they ran out of ideas. Everyone stopped to look and try to figure it out but no joy. I will need to bring my MH to the factory hopefully in the next two weeks to replace a bad fridge and Randy plans to dig in a little deeper.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Boo they ran out of ideas. Everyone stopped to look and try to figure it out but no joy. I will need to bring my MH to the factory hopefully in the next two weeks to replace a bad fridge and Randy plans to dig in a little deeper.

Phil I am sure you have already thought of this but any way here goes our toilet has a programable water level after it dumps is it possible yours is suffering from memory loss and is just not filling it. I took a picture of the label that tells you how to reprogram it. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1440000328.146410.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	86128

Wayne
Old 08-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #43

Wayne I had thought that could be the issue but the rep from Thetford didn't agree. The funny thing is the panel will blink as it goes into the program mode but it doesn't really adjust much. Not like it used to do not sure if the panel ( push button) is bad or what. The panel has been replaced twice and even when I could program the toilet it still would drain all the water. It looks like the 26th we bring it to the factory and Randy will have them look at it a little deeper than they could at the rally.
Thanks for the input.
Phil

Old 08-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Wayne I had thought that could be the issue but the rep from Thetford didn't agree. The funny thing is the panel will blink as it goes into the program mode but it doesn't really adjust much. Not like it used to do not sure if the panel ( push button) is bad or what. The panel has been replaced twice and even when I could program the toilet it still would drain all the water. It looks like the 26th we bring it to the factory and Randy will have them look at it a little deeper than they could at the rally.
Thanks for the input.
Phil
Just after it had drained itself, I took a bucket of water and poured it in. It ran out as fast as I was pouring. See my earlier drawing; it certainly seems to appear that water is running uphill. Obviously that can't be true.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:43 PM   #45

Sitting in campground at Bristol with both black and gray tanks full waiting on honey truck I flushed back toilet. It worked fine none of the issues Boo or Phil are having. Even though regional said programming is not it. What has changed? No plumbing and if it works when tanks are empty what's different when it full? Phil I think you said you put in a different tank level system that doesn't connect to the touchpad so could that confuse the programming? So far this trip I have redesigned a kitchen drawer and repaired a wardrobe drawer latch so I'm in a Mr Fix it mode.

Wayne
Old 08-21-2015, 12:46 PM   #46

PS wife says I should go to work for FR and fix all the issues told her they couldn't afford me lol.

Wayne
Old 08-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #47

Wayne
I have not changed my tank level indicator. Also not like Boohoo mine fails to hold water no matter what the BT level. I keep going back to the board and might ask them to replace it Monday when I am at the factory.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #48

Oh sorry wasn't sure who did what are you staying in the area while they perform surgery on coach?

Wayne
Old 08-21-2015, 01:15 PM   #49

Yes we are waiting on the MH. I don't think it will take more than a few hours. Hope to be done and headed home by noon. Of course all plans change quickly when living in a MH.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #50

Thetford Macerating Toilet

If you get delayed let me know I only live 10 miles from plant. I won't get home from Bristol until early afternoon hopefully. I'll like to say hi.

Wayne
Old 08-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #51

Sounds great. I'll give a shout out if they are delayed.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:05 AM   #52

Well then. Any outcome on this perplexing issue that sounds like I may have to possibly deal with.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #53

Joe as far as I know only two of us have had this issue. Although Thetford has told me that they have had issues across several brands I only know of me and Boo that have it going on. I am still working on the issue and I'm concentrating on the touch pad you use to flush. I believe it is a malfunction with that. The plumbing that we can see is all correct and what we can't see it would be difficult to mess up. I have a new pad coming so will see what that does. The toilet is a great toilet and a very expensive one. It has a built in macerator and helps to keep the black tank in good shape. I will figure it out. (Or Boo will and I will copy him).

Tags
ford