Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2015, 09:15 PM   #1

Thinking about flipping my Georgetown XL for Berkshire 400BH

I bought a 2015 georgetown xl last September and thinking about trading it for a pusher.

For those of you who owns a recent 2014-2016 Berkshire coach, are you happy with it? My current coach is very nice and fully loaded but it's not a pusher!

I was looking at various other brand and the interior of the 2016 Berkshire is not a whole lot more upscale then mine.

Would you buy it again? Power is decent?
2015 Georgetown XL 350TS FireMist | Firestone Ride Rite 4 corners air bags | Koni’s FSD Shocks | Safe T Plus | BlueOx Rear Track| 5 Star Tuned | Centramatic's Wheel Balancers | Best handling Georgetown XL Bare None !!!
Johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #2

Love our 2014 Berky. We traded up from an 2010 Allegro gasser. Yes, I would buy another one. Best value for your dollar if you ask me. Most of the other pushers in the Berky price range don't offer as much as the equipment and if you look to match the equipment, you'll see the other prices jump up on the others. You'll have no regrets.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Mbh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:29 AM   #3

The only other motorhome I would buy that is closest to the Berk in pricing is the Newmar Ventana. With the new 380hp Cummins in the '16 Berks it'll have enough power for tow just about anything in the weight range.

I have a '13 with the 340hp, I would like to tow a pick up but I cannot due to weight limitations. It tows my '09 Wrangler with no problems at all.

The interior is not upscale compared to other coaches, but what you get with a DP is the load capacity being higher, more storage in the basement, better suspension, air brakes, exhaust brake, quieter ride, better fuel mileage and easier fueling just to name a few.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #4

When I was looking to upgrade to a class A from a class C, I seriously looked at Georgetowns, which are a great coach for the money. That is when I joined forest river forums. I spoke at length with a gentleman on the forum about his Georgetown, which was the model I wanted. Anyway, to make a long story short, he traded in his year old Georgetown on a new Berk and was very happy. I took the plunge and bought mine. I have never been sorry for that decision. Yes, like all owners of new coaches, I had some issues that needed addressed. I dealt directly with the factory and the service was top notch! The Berk gives you a lot for the money, and once you drive it, you'll never want to go back. Air suspension, air brakes, quiet ride, lots of amenities...tremendous. Anyway, good luck with your decision and happy camping....

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:56 PM   #5

Rich you are so right in the ride. I would rather drive the MH than anything I've owned. Smooth and quite. My only complaint is I wish the passenger seat was six inches forward. It seems like I'm always talking to Dianna from behind me. Has anyone tried to move the seat forward?

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Rich you are so right in the ride. I would rather drive the MH than anything I've owned. Smooth and quite. My only complaint is I wish the passenger seat was six inches forward. It seems like I'm always talking to Dianna from behind me. Has anyone tried to move the seat forward?

Phil are you saying you don't have a 6 way power seat? My seat can go forward and backward I would guess 6 inch.

Wayne
Old 07-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #7

Quote:

Phil, funny that you should mention that. I am 5'7" and wish that I could move the seat forward only two inches so that I could lay my hands comfortably toward the top of the steering wheel. I spoke with Randy about it, but he said that the mount points were determined at the factory and could not be changed. But I do love that ride.....

Rich
Old 07-21-2015, 06:56 PM   #8

It does but when I have my seat adjusted Dianna is behind me plus her seat will not recline much because of the kitchen slide. It would be nice to have her seat forward 6-12 inches.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:57 PM   #9

Rich I'm 6' with a 32" inseam and I drive with the seat full forward.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Rich I'm 6' with a 32" inseam and I drive with the seat full forward.

So I guess you can feel my pain. But I'm not so short that I have to put blocks on the pedals...yet.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #11

Quote:
It does but when I have my seat adjusted Dianna is behind me plus her seat will not recline much because of the kitchen slide. It would be nice to have her seat forward 6-12 inches.

I just installed a 6 way co-pilot seat for the DW. She hated the manual seat that came from the factory only thing power was foot rest but that didn't operate correctly. New seat is bigger and can move forward and backwards plus more.

Wayne
Old 07-21-2015, 07:18 PM   #12

Wayne does that put her at the same point forward as you? How much was the new power base?

Old 07-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #13

Phil it moves her forward and closer to me. Cost was 1500 FR picked up installation. I have heard that Bradd and Hall offer same style at less cost.

Wayne
Old 07-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #14

I haven't done anything to the passenger seat. Now I am vertically challenged. So I changed the drivers seat. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1437529739.692283.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	83659Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1437529802.866519.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	83660

On the drivers seat I drilled new holes in the plate on the bottom of the seat. Maybe 2" further back. That is only on the front two bolts.

I was unable to move the back bolts so 2" forward ran the bolts in the back off the plate. On the back ones I put a group of washers to hold back in place.

The plate can not move as the new holes in the front hold it. The washers hold the back in place. The washers are every bit as tight as the front bolts.

I attach two pictures. One picture will show the old holes and front bolts. Back bolts and washers on other picture.

Not sure how the pictures ended up at the top of the print. But so be it.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #15
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Maybe a 4 inch wide piece of flat bar across the back from side to side....painted
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Maybe a 4 inch wide piece of flat bar across the back from side to side....painted

I was thinking that also. I'm not sure I would trust that washer in a accident.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
I haven't done anything to the passenger seat. Now I am vertically challenged. So I changed the drivers seat. Attachment 83659Attachment 83660

On the drivers seat I drilled new holes in the plate on the bottom of the seat. Maybe 2" further back. That is only on the front two bolts.

I was unable to move the back bolts so 2" forward ran the bolts in the back off the plate. On the back ones I put a group of washers to hold back in place.

The plate can not move as the new holes in the front hold it. The washers hold the back in place. The washers are every bit as tight as the front bolts.

I attach two pictures. One picture will show the old holes and front bolts. Back bolts and washers on other picture.

Not sure how the pictures ended up at the top of the print. But so be it.

Russell
Russell,
I had kind of thought about looking into doing something like this before. After seeing yours, I may have to reinvestigate the possibility. Maybe I'll even have something done by Goshen. Thanks for sharing...

Rich
Old 07-21-2015, 10:58 PM   #18

If that washer don't hold the bottom plate has to bend. If that happens ---well my guess is I'll not be posting about it.

I would of welded a flat plate on it but I think I had to disassemble the thing someway to unhook the electric--- to get chair out of coach.

Russell.
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:10 PM   #19

We tested the Georgetown and the Berkshire on the same day and instantly knew we wanted the Diesel pusher with the air suspension. We have been extremely happy with ours (390BH-60).
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:02 AM   #20
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
If that washer don't hold the bottom plate has to bend. If that happens ---well my guess is I'll not be posting about it.

I would of welded a flat plate on it but I think I had to disassemble the thing someway to unhook the electric--- to get chair out of coach.

Russell.
I think the pinch is ok, put as I like overkill, I would of just used a flat-bar.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, georgetown