Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #21

Gordon, the goodyear truck tire dealer is currently working with his rep on the issue. He said no safety issues which is good given my upcoming 3week 4200 mile trip to Glacier/Yellowstone/Tetons!
mikeborny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:56 PM   #22

Mike, keep an eye on it. Once mine started it got worse real fast.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #23

Mike,
I had the same issue and a dealer said that there was no issue with the tire. The only thing that was done was to swap the front tire with the rivering with one of the tires from the rear -at my expense of course. They also said that once the rivering starts there is nothing that can be done to correct the issue with the tire involved. Nobody offered any 'monetary assistance' with tire replacement.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.
I will be very interested in the outcome.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:40 PM   #24

Gordon, I have 2015 Berk, how do you drain the water on your front brakes. I have not done that
Jshgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:08 AM   #25

Draining air tanks of water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshgator View Post
Gordon, I have 2015 Berk, how do you drain the water on your front brakes. I have not done that
Jshgator,
There are three cable loops spread across the front wheel wells. It is easiest to see them if you have the wheels turned right or left. Pull the cables to drain the main tank, front tank and rear tank.

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #26

The front tires on my 34QS cupped and made a heavy vibration noise which got worst and with 36k miles on them (Goodyear didn't offer any assistance), I replaced them. The rears are beginning to cup on the outside. I maintain the proper air pressure. What a difference the new tires made. I won't buy Goodyear again...
Welshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:23 AM   #27

Hi, what tires did you put on. My Goodyears with 24k on them are cupping, I had it aligned and it was only needing a little adjustment. Here in Orlando the trucking company that aligns Freightliner chassis said the Goodyear tires are horrible
Jshgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:24 AM   #28

X2
Old 07-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #29

Same issue here last year.

In less than 30K miles my front tires were worn down to belts on the inside edges for about 1 - 1.5 inch from edges towards the center while the rest of the thread looked totally fine. Did not think about contacting the GY and just replaced them with Falkens at Tredroc in Oak Creek, WI and did an alignment the as well. Paid $804 for both tires installed and alignment. Love the tires, much better and quitter ride than GYs.

While changing the tires I was told that my front bearings are worn out and had FL replace them under warranty.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #30
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
Same issue here last year.

In less than 30K miles my front tires were worn down to belts on the inside edges for about 1 - 1.5 inch from edges towards the center while the rest of the thread looked totally fine. Did not think about contacting the GY and just replaced them with Falkens at Tredroc in Oak Creek, WI and did an alignment the as well. Paid $804 for both tires installed and alignment. Love the tires, much better and quitter ride than GYs.

While changing the tires I was told that my front bearings are worn out and had FL replace them under warranty.
Wow...... 30K and bearings worn?

Tags
alignment, tire, wheel