Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 07:15 PM   #21

Here we go again?

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-30-2015, 07:32 PM   #22

Will stand by !!

Russell
Old 10-30-2015, 09:05 PM   #23

Airedale I wasn't questioning your knowledge of tires. It is helpful to know what you have for an RV when we are having a conversation. Almost all the folks on the forum put there brand and model in there signature line. If you don't want to for whatever reason then don't but why would you get upset when asked. I didn't mean anything by it.
As for the info you supplied I will have to look it over better before I comment further.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:28 PM   #24

Checking post history will typically find a clue. Typically
Old 10-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #25

Tire pressure

Airedale I have read through the info you provided. Thank you for it. The info you provided states and I wil put this in my own words and forgive me as I'm not a engineer or all that educated. This is how I understand the process of adjusting tire psi to match the load that they carry on a class A Moho.
First weight your Moho preferably getting a 4 point weight. Determine your heaviest wheel per Axel and check the manufacture chart to determine the proper inflation. I suggest adding a safety margin to the weight to insure that if you have guest or have a temporary extra cargo. I add two hundred pounds and have done that on advice of tire dealers and other Class A owners. Tires should be inflated before travel and I do so before the sun can warm them.
Everything I have read says I'm doing this correctly including the info you provided.
I agree that the min and maximum psi as listed in the charts provided by the manufacture should be followed.
If I am incorrect on this info let me know. This info is to important to have any misunderstanding as everyone's safety depends on it.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Airedale I have read through the info you provided. Thank you for it. The info you provided states and I wil put this in my own words and forgive me as I'm not a engineer or all that educated. This is how I understand the process of adjusting tire psi to match the load that they carry on a class A Moho.
First weight your Moho preferably getting a 4 point weight. Determine your heaviest wheel per Axel and check the manufacture chart to determine the proper inflation. I suggest adding a safety margin to the weight to insure that if you have guest or have a temporary extra cargo. I add two hundred pounds and have done that on advice of tire dealers and other Class A owners. Tires should be inflated before travel and I do so before the sun can warm them.
Everything I have read says I'm doing this correctly including the info you provided.
I agree that the min and maximum psi as listed in the charts provided by the manufacture should be followed.
If I am incorrect on this info let me know. This info is to important to have any misunderstanding as everyone's safety depends on it.
This is probably one of the best tools for tire inflation pressures because it doesn't leave out the most important step which is to never use less tire pressure than what is recommended on the vehicle's certification label.

http://www.trucktires.com/bridgeston.../WeighForm.pdf

It's important to remember that the vehicle manufacturer was required to build in some reserve load capacity with the OE tires. Failing to do that by inflating to the load carried is, in itself, an unsafe practice.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:16 AM   #27

Phew

Paul
Old 10-31-2015, 09:07 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdale View Post
This is probably one of the best tools for tire inflation pressures because it doesn't leave out the most important step which is to never use less tire pressure than what is recommended on the vehicle's certification label.

It's important to remember that the vehicle manufacturer was required to build in some reserve load capacity with the OE tires. Failing to do that by inflating to the load carried is, in itself, an unsafe practice.
Well, now I am really confused.
Airdale just agreed with everything that others have said on this thread.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Well, now I am really confused.

Airdale just agreed with everything that others have said on this thread.

Good I thought it was just me. Nothing like confusing the heck out of new owners and then disappearing.
My advice is to get a tire guide for your tire. The Moho should have come with one and follow it.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:50 AM   #30

Rather easy actually

Russell
Old 10-31-2015, 10:37 AM   #31

This is a snap shot from the Michelin inflation guide that I posted earlier. I believe this is the best way to make sure that proper inflation is done. Hopefully we haven't lost the OP or anyone else that was wanting info on proper inflation.
This is for my size and for my tire. The guide is off the Michelin web site and should be up to date. Again if you can get a four point weight done do it. They are hard to find and I have had mine done at rallies. It an axle weight is used I would assume that 60% of the weight is in one side and adjust accordingly.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1446305817.292323.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	93357

Old 10-31-2015, 11:30 AM   #32

Quote:
This is a snap shot from the Michelin inflation guide that I posted earlier. I believe this is the best way to make sure that proper inflation is done. Hopefully we haven't lost the OP or anyone else that was wanting info on proper inflation.
This is for my size and for my tire. The guide is off the Michelin web site and should be up to date. Again if you can get a four point weight done do it. They are hard to find and I have had mine done at rallies. It an axle weight is used I would assume that 60% of the weight is in one side and adjust accordingly.
Attachment 93357

Phil a couple of questions.
1. Is this chart still relevant if you have Goodrich tires ?

2. Do you have a link to get this chart ? My eyes aren't what they use to be.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 10-31-2015, 11:44 AM   #33

Joe the chart is only for Michelin and Goodyear has their own chart. Also if you read one of my other posts above you will find the link.
Just google Goodyear inflation chart and you should find the GY info b

Old 10-31-2015, 11:46 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdale View Post

This is helpful to those who run Bridgestone tires.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:24 PM   #35

Joe, aren't you running Goodyear tires? Same year as mine and I have Goodyears.

Paul
Old 10-31-2015, 12:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
Joe, aren't you running Goodyear tires? Same year as mine and I have Goodyears.

Paul
Sorry I was still trying to get over retirees sleeping till 10. I said Goodrich, but meant Goodyear.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 10-31-2015, 01:28 PM   #37

I sleep that late most days. I paid my dues😜

Paul
Old 10-31-2015, 02:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
I sleep that late most days. I paid my dues😜

Paul

Damn right! Paid them hard for a lot of years. I know Joe is kidding and I love the hard time. I also like to sleep in the mornings.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:14 PM   #39

Quote:
Damn right! Paid them hard for a lot of years. I know Joe is kidding and I love the hard time. I also like to sleep in the mornings.

Dead on Phil ! Hope that I never offend anyone on here just my warped humor I guess. I try to keep it mellow, but yeah just giving you a hard time.

The one night I slept in the motor home was when we picked it up and spent the night at Craig's and Sharon's driveway and it poured. I need to get ear plugs I guess, talk about a racket. At least we were dry .

I seem to go good on about 6 hrs. sleep, usually up at 5, come on here to see what happened overnight. Check FB, and a couple other forums.

I sort of get bored on a vacation after a week so not sure how my adjustment will be once I retire . Suppose the Berk will keep me hopping, or keep moving around.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 10-31-2015, 02:17 PM   #40

Joe it's a very tough adjustment to retirement. For me it was awful and mostly because I was only 55 and in pain 24/7. It a little better but a long was from the life plan I had. Oh well play the cards your dealt or fold. I'll keep playing as long as I can.

Closed Thread

Tags
pressure, tire