Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
fredhardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 128
Tire pressure

We're about to go on our first short trip (200 miles) with our new to us 2014 Berkshire to check out the systems and electronics. What is the tire pressure that will offer us the comfort and ride that is most desirable to forum members?
We'll be putting the TPMS in after a few local trips.
Any other tire tips would be appreciated!
TIA,
Fred Hardy
__________________

__________________
fredhardy is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
accumack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 522
What is your tire size and have you had the coach weighed?
__________________

__________________
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 06:37 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,144
What model Berkshire? I have a 390 FL and run 95 pounds front and rear. I get a smooth ride. I also have very little in my compartments.

Russell
__________________
CAT-RN is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredhardy View Post
We're about to go on our first short trip (200 miles) with our new to us 2014 Berkshire to check out the systems and electronics. What is the tire pressure that will offer us the comfort and ride that is most desirable to forum members?
We'll be putting the TPMS in after a few local trips.
Any other tire tips would be appreciated!
TIA,
Fred Hardy

Fred you need to get a weight done to know that. Pull onto any cat scale and for 9 dollars you can get an axel weight from there we can look up a psi for your tire size. Also what brand and size is needed.
__________________
Phil57 is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
baddmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Fred you need to get a weight done to know that. Pull onto any cat scale and for 9 dollars you can get an axel weight from there we can look up a psi for your tire size. Also what brand and size is needed.
I agree with Phil. Once you get a weight, you will know what PSI you need to run for the weight you are carrying.

AND it depends on what brand/size tire you have.
__________________
Brian and Kelly
2013 Berkshire 390BH-60 (Now with 275s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
baddmann is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 10:16 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmann View Post
I agree with Phil. Once you get a weight, you will know what PSI you need to run for the weight you are carrying.

AND it depends on what brand/size tire you have.
And how much stuff you carry (including food, clothes, water, passengers). Get it weighed loaded with what you would be carrying on your trips.
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
dan-nickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,506
Fred, I'm not disagreeing with anyone about getting weighed, but if there's not a weigh station nearby here is what I have learned On the forum.
Most of the post I have read on the Berkshire forum indicated their tire pressure was 90 to 100 pounds after getting weighed.
After weighing my 2014 RB I ended up using 100 in the front and 95 in the rear with full fresh water tank. I have the 275 tires.
__________________
Dan
2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
dan-nickie is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 02:42 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Fred, I'm not disagreeing with anyone about getting weighed, but if there's not a weigh station nearby here is what I have learned On the forum.
Most of the post I have read on the Berkshire forum indicated their tire pressure was 90 to 100 pounds after getting weighed.
After weighing my 2014 RB I ended up using 100 in the front and 95 in the rear with full fresh water tank. I have the 275 tires.

Same here!


Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Paulie Boy is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
fredhardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 128
Thanks all! I'll run 95 psi and look for a local scale. I'll adjust after that.
__________________
fredhardy is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 04:02 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredhardy View Post
Thanks all! I'll run 95 psi and look for a local scale. I'll adjust after that.

Good plan Fred. If you have never been on a scale just pull onto it and if you can reach the buttons from inside great. I couldn't so I had to get out of the Moho. Just push the button and they will ask for a control number. Tell them you are a Moho and don't have one. If I remember they will give you a number When done just pull off and go inside to get your ticket with the weights. Make sure you have the from axle on the first platform and the rear on the second. The last can work for the toad if it reaches that far. I have never weighed with my toad on.
__________________

__________________
Phil57 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
pressure, tire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.