Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh View Post
I only wanted it to look over it for comparitve purposes.
Unless I'm seeing something different then the rest of the you 275/80/22.5G tires look identical here, the only differnce I spotted was the numbers on the michellintruck.com website that jatadis provided me are loads per axle whereas the michellinrv.com website shows it as load per axle end. So the loads are doubles on the non rv specific website.

Don't know what to say here guys I am at peace with how I am running them now and I'll keep an eye on them through the TPMS
Besides the axle and axle-end difference wich is devide by 2 , in the lower pressure for the same pressure there is lower loadcapacity in European system then in American system.
Not such a problemm if its for instance 110 psi , but for 80 psi the loadcapacity is substantially higher given in USA TRA system then in EUR ETRTO system.

Edit : little correction . checked the same tire sise on this site of Michelin for RV tires.
http://www.michelinrvtires.com/refer...tion-tables/#/
And Michelin calculates it on this site for the larger tires with same formula as standard in Europe.
When I look in Goodyear list its calculated for the large sises with 0.7 power.

@ Tireman9
Only the 9% substraction of single maxload for dual load in TRA system instead of the 7.5% reduction in ETRTO system, can be explained by more roadcurve in America then in Europe.
The other calculation is for these in fact truck tires also for 75m/h calculated.

Not for no reason TRA swiched over for P-tires Standard load and XL /reinforced/Extraload to the calculation of ETRTO , as late as 2005.
Before that normal car tire with H/W division above 50% was calculated with power 0.5 ( root) wich gives for 50% the AT-pressure 71% of maximum load to carry.
European ETRTO system used for all kind of radial tires since decades the power 0.8 wich will give for 50% of At-pressure a loadcapacity of 57.4% of maximum load.

But who rides his tires at 50% of At-pressure, you will ask.
Jeeps for instance, wich have by rule oversised tires of wich one tire can carry the complete Axle load.
And most american cars who swich their P-tires standard load to E-load tires , and so also then one tire can bare the whole Maximum allowed axle load ( GAWR).

This will give if you follow TRA system more deflection so more heatproduction and in the end sooner tire damage by overheated parts of the rubber.
Speeds are the same in Europe and USA, here on provincial roads 50m/h and on Highroads up to 130km/82m/h but most of the highways only 100km/62m/h.
Higher speed gives more cicles per hour so more heatproduction so hotter tires.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:48 PM   #42
'11 390BH

I don't know what half that means, nor do I really care at this point. I do appreciate all the helpfulness.
I'll be following the US pressure charts and keep an eye on them with the TMPS as stated earlier.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #43

What he said^^^^^.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire