Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2016, 10:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
A TPM is a great item to have; however the tires need to be inflated properly in the first place.

To inflate properly, you need to weigh your rig, fully loaded with your toad. Then look up the load vs pressure chart for the make, model and manufacturer of the tires. Then inflate the tires to the chart recommendations, in the morning before the coach has been driven or the sun has heated the tires. Never use the pressure listed on the tire sidewalls. That is the tire's maximum pressure for the maximum load.

After proper inflation, the TPM will be a useful tool for detecting leaks and monitoring temperature.

Hank

That is totally unnecessary. Just use max tire pressure (sidewall). Absolutely nothing wrong with that and eliminates the useless calculations.

Doing it your way is risky. Your always going to be at max weight for the tires. Just air up to max and call it a day.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:22 AM   #22
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
That is totally unnecessary. Just use max tire pressure (sidewall). Absolutely nothing wrong with that and eliminates the useless calculations.

Doing it your way is risky. Your always going to be at max weight for the tires. Just air up to max and call it a day.

Remember, (in case you didn't notice) you're in a motorhome forum and their tire recommendations are different than for trailers.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:22 AM   #23

Over inflating tires will give you a hard ride and wear the center of the tires. Underinflating will wear the edges and heat the tires. All tire experts and Freightliner recommend inflating in accordance to the load.

With my Michelin XZE2 75/80R22.5 tires, I would be crazy to inflate the rear dually to its maximum 110 psi. My load calls for 84 psi. That's why I have 45k on them and the tread looks like new. Although many of us might have the same model of Berkshire, we all load it differently.
Hank
Old 11-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Remember, (in case you didn't notice) you're in a motorhome forum and their tire recommendations are different than for trailers.

That could be why I see more towables on side of road changing flats. I can't recall the last time I've seen a class A on the side for the same reason.

Wayne
Old 11-06-2016, 09:01 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
That could be why I see more towables on side of road changing flats. I can't recall the last time I've seen a class A on the side for the same reason.

Wayne

The reason you see towables on the road is the crap ST tires they use. Your RV's have decent tires.

To the reminders about being in an RV forum... yes and thanks. I wasn't thinking about that.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #26
Sunseeker 3010DS

To change the subject back to the original question of a good TPMS. Does any one know if the EEZ T515 is compatible with Nitrogen filled tires?
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #27

I own the EEZ RV TPMS and love it. I have nitrogen in my toad tires and it works fine. No repeater needed for my set up.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #28

I just purchased the Tire Tracker 500 system. For a 10 tire setup cost $450 but it has lifetime warranty, nice display, documentation and replaceable batteries. Installed on coach and toad but have not been on trip yet. Will advise after we do.

RKC02
Old 11-07-2016, 02:49 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Doctor,
When you called and told them about your sensor, did they make you go through all sorts of tests to verify that it was the sensor? When I called them and asked about replacing a sensor that I thought was bad, they had me take the sensor off and put it back. When that didn't help, they then said to move the sensor to another wheel. When that didn't help either, they agreed to send me another sensor. My system is only a little over 2 years old.
Yes, but they also made me unscrew the valve stem a little to. They wanted to make sure it was making good contact. That was after I told them I even changed the battery already....But I got a new one in 2 days....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:43 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmondFarmer_Ca View Post
Any recommendations guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
The TST 507 seems to be the most common choice. Same choice we just made as well. We bought the Flow through Sensors for convenience. The internal were an option and in retrospect I probably should have sprung for the extra coin.

Whether you buy the non-Flow Through or the Flow Through, INSURE you tighten them fully prior to setting them in place. I learned this the hard way when one tire kept losing pressure and it was a loose sensor on the valve stem.

Good Luck!
Old 12-02-2016, 07:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
... I have the 507 and have had both flow through and non flow through. I prefer the flow through because it makes it easier to adjust my pressures as necessary. ....
I am on the Technorv site and don't see any mention of flow thru vs non-flow thru.

Also, is there any difference in function between the 507 and 510 systems other than user-replaceable batteries, or not?
(formerly 2016 Georgetown 378XLF
Amateur Radio KA5GIL vhf/uhfonboard
CaptainJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:47 PM   #32
Site Team

507 is the newer system with replaceable batteries. You want replaceable batteries.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJustice View Post
Also, is there any difference in function between the 507 and 510 systems other than user-replaceable batteries, or not?
a quote about the 507 found on the 1st. link below:

"This system works exactly the same as the 510RV but it has USER REPLACEABLE BATTERIES in the sensors!"

TST 507

http://shop.greatrvproducts.com/prod...&categoryId=29

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:54 PM   #34
7 Year Class A RV'er

I have the TST507 and it works great. The 507 is actually the newer model, replacing the 510.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire