Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2016, 05:28 PM   #1
Member
 
MotoxDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 96
Toad setup

Has anyone ever set up their Chevrolet Suburban to tow all 4 down?

Looking for info on how difficult or easy it was.

Ours is a 2014 Suburban LTZ.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
John
2014 Berkshire 400BH
Motocross Dad
MotoxDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoxDad View Post
Has anyone ever set up their Chevrolet Suburban to tow all 4 down?

Looking for info on how difficult or easy it was.

Ours is a 2014 Suburban LTZ.

Thanks
From the 2016 TOAD Guide:

Suburban 4WD

Only four-wheel-drive vehicles with a two-speed transfer case with a NEUTRAL position and a four-wheel-drive LOW setting can be flat towed. Negative battery cable must be disconnected.
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
From the 2016 TOAD Guide:

Suburban 4WD

Only four-wheel-drive vehicles with a two-speed transfer case with a NEUTRAL position and a four-wheel-drive LOW setting can be flat towed. Negative battery cable must be disconnected.
Moto,
Be careful on info received sometimes people do not read the post thoroughly.
If you do a search for 2014 Dingy Guide you will find that 2014 1500 Suburban 4WD is towable. Also, there are after market drive shaft lockouts that make some vehicles 4 flat towable.
and kee[ in mind each manufacturer of tow bar has their own base plate instruction some more difficult than others. I tow 2013 and 2014 GMC vehicles 4 flat. Both I had to do some grinding and cutting for base plates.
They call me Big Dave
__________________
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:16 PM   #4
Member
 
MotoxDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
From the 2016 TOAD Guide:

Suburban 4WD

Only four-wheel-drive vehicles with a two-speed transfer case with a NEUTRAL position and a four-wheel-drive LOW setting can be flat towed. Negative battery cable must be disconnected.

Thanks Bob! I should have been more specific I didn't really ask my question the way I should have.

I should have asked how hard the base plate installation is on it.
__________________
John
2014 Berkshire 400BH
Motocross Dad
MotoxDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #5
Member
 
MotoxDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
Moto,
Be careful on info received sometimes people do not read the post thoroughly.
If you do a search for 2014 Dingy Guide you will find that 2014 1500 Suburban 4WD is towable. Also, there are after market drive shaft lockouts that make some vehicles 4 flat towable.
and kee[ in mind each manufacturer of tow bar has their own base plate instruction some more difficult than others. I tow 2013 and 2014 GMC vehicles 4 flat. Both I had to do some grinding and cutting for base plates.
They call me Big Dave

Thanks Dave for the info!
__________________
John
2014 Berkshire 400BH
Motocross Dad
MotoxDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
dan-nickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,506
See video

https://www.etrailer.com/Base-Plates...eid=2014955630
__________________
Dan
2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
dan-nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:59 PM   #7
Member
 
MotoxDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post

Awesome Dan your the best! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much.
__________________
John
2014 Berkshire 400BH
Motocross Dad
MotoxDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:15 AM   #8
Member
 
ndfellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 58
Buy a jeep they are more fun!
__________________
ndfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #9
Member
 
MotoxDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfellow View Post
Buy a jeep they are more fun!

I plan on buying my son a jeep at the end of this year. Maybe we will use that next season! For now the suburban will do.
__________________
John
2014 Berkshire 400BH
Motocross Dad
MotoxDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:35 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoxDad View Post
Thanks Bob! I should have been more specific I didn't really ask my question the way I should have.

I should have asked how hard the base plate installation is on it.
I am normally a handy guy but this one I left to the Pros I got a good flat rate for the installation of the Base Plate and the SMI Air Force One. After inspecting the install, I am glad I let them do it - there was a LOT of cutting and shaping that they had to do and in 98 heat to boot!
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
toad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.