Old 09-28-2015, 10:05 AM   #21

When I was looking to purchase my '08 Berkshire and was detailing the specs for it, to upgrade to the 360 hp/3000 tranny, the upgrade also included the aluminum wheels. I believe that with the aluminum wheels came the larger tires. Not sure about the air bags. At that time, there was an $11,000 difference in MSRP. Not sure about what the difference is now since based on the discussions there, I just opted for those things on my new coach.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #22

The larger tires didn't show up on any model of Berkshire until 2014. That was when the started all the different models and sizes of Berkshires. Lots of us have the larger tires and airbags based on weight of MH not size of motor. In my 2011 I have 275 tires and larger airbags but they were added after manufacturing by FL and all the info stickers were changed. So anyone looking at my 2011 would assume that it came that way.
Now after 2014 all weights should be corrected and be in a tire and airbags that are correct for the weight.
The 2008-2013 as far as I know the difference between the two power options are the 360 has a 3000 transmission and aluminum wheels. All the wheels are 255 unless upgraded after manufacturing. The rear axle on the 360 has a higher rating. Everything else is exactly the same.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #23

X2 Phil, my 2012 was upgraded by FR to larger tires and new front axle air bags, with the front axle recertified from 10,400 lbs. to 12,000 lbs. I believe that FR will do that upgrade for the asking.

As for the 340hp vs the 360hp, the additional HP is via a simple chip change. The Allison 3000 is the big deal. The 360hp has a 12,000lb front axle, for which the 340hp can be upgraded. The 340hp has a rear axle rating of 17,500lbs and the 360hp is 19,000lbs. I have done extensive comparisons of the rear axle's parts for both versions, at the Daimler web site and couldn't find any differences. So, is the rear axle specification difference a marketing ploy???

The 360hp for sure has a larger toad capacity (GCWR) because of the Allison 3000MH. However, although both have great cargo volume capacity, they both are marginal in weight carrying capacity - that is why you should get you rig weighed, fully loaded. RIVA came up with the OCCC rating (Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity), but most manufacturers will not show that specification because it show how little you can carry. - Hank
Old 09-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #24

As you can see from the very new FR brochure............
http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...rebrochure.pdf
there is no OCCC specification or any idea what you can carry; weight-wise. There is a small yellow label on the front door that somewhat (I say somewhat) gives one an idea of what can be carried. Most first time RV buyers (like me) didn't find the yellow label until after purchase. I guess Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

If you had the OCCC, it would tell what the sum total limit of your passengers, cargo, propane, fuel , fresh water, grey and black water weights.

Hank
Old 09-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #25

Does anyone know what the law is for the dealer selling me the coach with improper information on the motor/ trans. I have pulled nada value of both and there is a 10k difference. We did get our coach well below nada value.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #26

I am not sure of any laws. I would first in a pleasant business like attitude, pursue your being duped with the selling dealer. If the dealer balks, I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and would explore civil court action. Hopefully, you have a lawyer friend. I would bring these possible courses of action to the attention of the dealer if they are hard-nosing.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #27

That's exactly what I did today. They were real nice about it and said they would check into it and get back to me asap. We will see where it goes.

Tags
towing