Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #11

Question, my 390bh has a towing capacity of 5000 that's why I am going with the Saturn. Now when I get the hitch equipment receiver are you saying they have various weights as well?
Help me to get it right. lol

Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #12

I believe that all 390BH com with a hitch install ... I know that ours did. Your hitch type and towing capacity will depend on which model of 390BH you have. Example 390BH-60 has a 10000 lb capacity and I think that the -40 has a 5000 bl capacity.
This is the point at which you need to concider the loaded weight of your car and RV by axle.

Assuming that you are able to tow the weight of the Saturn, you need to match the tow bar to the car. I personally use a Blue Ox Alladin. The older model Alladin had a capacity of 5000bl and the newer ones are 7500. Getting one with a higher tow rating will only increase your safety margin.

Remember ... your do not want to exceed any of the following ; GVW, hitch capacity, max axil weight, or tow bar capacity.

Good luck

ps
remember ... it is law in most States and Provinces that you have a supplimentary braking device. I use the Brake Buddy and am quite please with it. One last thing to keep in mind when towing. Many vehicle that can be flat towed have some sort of towing restiction ... example ... can not be towed over 60mph, or can not be towed for more than 2 hours without running engine. Check a publication called The Dingy Towing Guide for your make and model of vehicle. (it can be found thru Google)

Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #13

My hitch came installed and it is for 5000lbs. So when I look for a tow bar it should be rated for 5000lbs or more? I will probably order from e-trailer but I wanted to have a little more knowledge before speaking to them. lol
I have restrictions with the Saturn-driving no more than 8-10hrs a day and I think no higher speed of 65. I have to remove the ign fuse and let the car run before and after towing. Thanks again