Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #41

I have the TST 507 system but only have 4 tires not a toad or a MH with 6 tires. It works well. The battery will last 1 year but cost about 4.00 bucks to replace. The 510 has a 5 year battery in them. You pay extra for that. I did get the flow through sensors same price as the screw on type. Look at Vulcum tire they sell the system for like $230.00 bucks or so. If I have a question or need something all I do is call Mike at TST themselves. Great CS. for a change from a vendor.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #42

Tire Safe Guard system. 6 flow throughs for rv and caps for toad...all with replaceable batteries..$479. Have had the system for a couple of years without any issues. 40 ft motorhome and no problems with range to the toad.
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #43

Boo... does yours have the pass through sensors or do you have to remove them to fill air. The site literature is a bit confusing on this point.
I've heard the pass throughs tend to allow air loss since two valves are involved.
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Boo... does yours have the pass through sensors or do you have to remove them to fill air. The site literature is a bit confusing on this point.
I've heard the pass throughs tend to allow air loss since two valves are involved.
I have to remove them to air up the tires.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #45

Yes - get the TST TPMS here - 507 Starter System Kit |TST Trucking Systems

These guys are great and the customer service is fantastic! When I called in my order I spoke to Mike Benson, the Vice President. He even offered to have my sensors set up before they shipped. I gave him the rated tire pressure and the TPMS arrived set up and ready to go.

I just checked the site and if you phone in your order in May, they will give you a 10% discount.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Yes - get the TST TPMS here - 507 Starter System Kit |TST Trucking Systems

These guys are great and the customer service is fantastic! When I called in my order I spoke to Mike Benson, the Vice President. He even offered to have my sensors set up before they shipped. I gave him the rated tire pressure and the TPMS arrived set up and ready to go.

I just checked the site and if you phone in your order in May, they will give you a 10% discount.
x's 2 on Bama. I got the flow thru. I have had them on atleast 6 or 8 mos. and never lost any air and you can add if needed. Just remember the flow thru sensor is twice the weight. So you would need metal high pressure stems. The screw on type can be used on rubber stems, not longer then 1 and 1/4". That is per Mike at TST. Customer service is great. My brother in law bought a system for his single axle trailer a Lance. Mike set his up to, and sold him only what he needed cost him like 150.00 bucks or so. They do take care of you...... for TST Sysytem I had a problem with my screen wrong tires showing my fault, called him and 2 mins later it was corrected and I didn't even buy it from him but it was there system.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #47

I have been using the HawksHead Systems, Inc. product for four years, first on a trailer and truck, then I moved it to our new 2013 Berkshire, supplementing it with additional TPMS sensors for the additional tires.

The readout display runs off rechargeable batteries, and recharges with a 12V outlet in about a half hour, or you can just leave it on 12V all the time if the rechargeable batteries are near the end of their useful life (max number of recharges).

It takes about seven minutes for all the sensors to register on the readout display, when first turning the unit on.

All TPMS units, regardless of manufacturer, have to be calibrated, so when you see that tire #5 runs 2ºF hotter than tire #6 you don't go nuts trying to adjust it. The two rear tires on my toad somehow wound up with TPMS sensors that are 5º and 6ºF off. I actually built a test manifold so I can pressure all the TPMS units at once with the same pressure, but the easiest way is just to check the tire pressures with a digital gauge when you have a cool, overcast day, so you can read the TPMS pressures when the tire pressures aren't rapidly changing in the sunlight.

I also found that the toad tire right behind the exhaust pipe on the coach runs a little hotter.

Buy plenty of extra O-rings for replacement at battery replacement time, which for me is usually every spring. This year I left them on all winter (with tire covers installed) and had no problems, and I skipped battery replacement to see how long I could go on a set of batteries.

When it starts getting cold in the fall, or in the early spring, make sure you turn off the display monitor so you don't get a knock on your door from your neighbor asking why there is beeping coming from your coach (low pressure alarm).
Hallen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Boowho, is the higher reading on the drivers side of toad? I found out ours reads a bit higher due to the engine exhaust is on that side.
Actually, it's one of the rear tires on the toad. I think I may have it set a bit to low (or maybe to high?) on the pressure, so it tends to "holler' a bit as the TP changes while driving.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #49

Hello all,

Quick "aesthetic" question for those that have one of these systems on their toad. I've read that the flow-thru caps stick out quite a bit and I'm wondering if having them on the toad "stands out". Thinking about going with the non flow-thru if they are less noticeable. Any opinions? Same price to mix the caps as it is to buy all the same.

Thanks
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJvike View Post
Hello all,

Quick "aesthetic" question for those that have one of these systems on their toad. I've read that the flow-thru caps stick out quite a bit and I'm wondering if having them on the toad "stands out". Thinking about going with the non flow-thru if they are less noticeable. Any opinions? Same price to mix the caps as it is to buy all the same.

Thanks
If you get the flow thru they are twice as heavy, you would need high pressure stems. If you use the screw on type you can use a rubber stem that is not longer then 1 and !/4". The weight is the difference per TST.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #51
Mod free 5er

The flow thru's wt 0.81 oz and the not flow thru's wt. 0.45 oz