Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #21
Denver, CO

I have a Hawkshead. It is great and cheaper than that one.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #22

If you have such a heart ach with EBAY PM me and I will give you his brick and morter store address and phone number. This is a real business. The engineer is a reall nice guy and will call you back any time you have a problem. THey have many other products and this can also be found in the back of Motorhome mag.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #23

I just looked up their web site. If you do not want to go through EBAY their site is
www.eezrvproducts.com

Boo I do not think you will go wrong.

This info is provided for those who were talking while being uninformed. Tom is the nicest guy you will fine and he will not cheet you. You will get what is shown in the picture and he stands by his product. He did with me.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Have the TST 507 on HM and toad, works great and purchased it directly from TST. the system even tells you when one of the batteries are low and which one, ran to wlamart and purchased new watch battery and was good to go. Don't need the repeater at all, picks up the toad even when it is parked in the garage and HM on side of house.
I agree. We have the TST 507 and highly recommend the system. We have flow through on the motorhome and non-flow throughs on the toad! Non-flow throughs are shorter and don't stick out on the toad like the flow throughs would. We also have no need for the repeater. Never an issue picking up the TPM's on the toad.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #25

My two cents:
Maybe the repeaters are more necessary as the battery life wanes and the signal strength drops...??

I don't have a system yet. Planning on it, but not actively shopping.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #26

I have a Pressure Pro TPMS (it's about 4 years old) and on the way home from a trip yesterday, it started beeping indicating that one of the tires pressure had dropped (pressure was set around 96 psi and the monitor showed that it was in the 80 psi range). Since I was only a couple of miles from home, I decided to continue until I got home. It was pouring rain yesterday (naturally) and I didn't get to check the tire pressure but I hit the tire with my fist and it was rock hard. Checked the display again and it said that the pressure was 8 psi, then it went to 0 psi, and a short time later back up to 12 psi. I checked the tire pressure today and it was 99 psi. I am guessing that the sensor is going bad.
My real question is, do I spend $240 for 6 new sensors (that don't have replaceable batteries) or $299 for a complete TST system, or $289 for a complete EEZRV for $289 (both the TST and EEZ systems have replaceable batteries?

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #27
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I have a Pressure Pro TPMS (it's about 4 years old) and on the way home from a trip yesterday, it started beeping indicating that one of the tires pressure had dropped (pressure was set around 96 psi and the monitor showed that it was in the 80 psi range). Since I was only a couple of miles from home, I decided to continue until I got home. It was pouring rain yesterday (naturally) and I didn't get to check the tire pressure but I hit the tire with my fist and it was rock hard. Checked the display again and it said that the pressure was 8 psi, then it went to 0 psi, and a short time later back up to 12 psi. I checked the tire pressure today and it was 99 psi. I am guessing that the sensor is going bad.
My real question is, do I spend $240 for 6 new sensors (that don't have replaceable batteries) or $299 for a complete TST system, or $289 for a complete EEZRV for $289 (both the TST and EEZ systems have replaceable batteries?
If only the one sensor is erratic ( and thats what I am assuming from reading your post ) why would you not just replace that one sensor if you are satisfied with the rest of the system unless you just want to get a newer TPMS.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #28

It is just that the price of a complete new system is not that much different from purchasing just the set of sensors. Also, the other systems sensors have replaceable batteries where as the Pressure Pro does not and in a few years I would need to pay another $240 for a set of sensors.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #29
B47

Quote:
It is just that the price of a complete new system is not that much different from purchasing just the set of sensors. Also, the other systems sensors have replaceable batteries where as the Pressure Pro does not and in a few years I would need to pay another $240 for a set of sensors.
If you want a completely new TPMS then I am sure you can rationize any number of reasons for doing so, but I still do not understand why you would need to buy all new sensors if only one of your present ones is bad.

Is it not possible to buy only one sensor for your present TPMS - if not then that could be a very good reason to give to the DW when she asks why you need a new system when we already have one.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #30

I have the TireMinder from Camping World, got it a month ago for $270 with 4 sensors.
This week is for $246, and if you use the cw coupon for saturday is 10% less.
It works great on my camper.
https://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
If you want a completely new TPMS then I am sure you can rationize any number of reasons for doing so, but I still do not understand why you would need to buy all new sensors if only one of your present ones is bad.

Is it not possible to buy only one sensor for your present TPMS - if not then that could be a very good reason to give to the DW when she asks why you need a new system when we already have one.
The unit is between 4 and 5 years old and if one sensor is going, I'm sure that others will also be dying shortly.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
B47

Quote:
The unit is between 4 and 5 years old and if one sensor is going, I'm sure that others will also be dying shortly.
" ...,I'm sure that others will also be dying shortly." - see I told you that you could rationize a reason for buying a new TPMS

Run it by the DW and your are in.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Think I would just give a call to Pressure Pro before throwing out the system. Most tpms companies have support for battery replacement at reasonable cost. JM$.02
Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #34
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Buddys View Post
I have the TireMinder from Camping World, got it a month ago for $270 with 4 sensors.
This week is for $246, and if you use the cw coupon for saturday is 10% less.
It works great on my camper.
X2. I have the hawkshead which appears to be identical to the tireminder. Works great and a nice small monitor.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #35

Received and installed the system I bought off Ebay. Quick easy install, and it looks very professionally made and has a high quality build..

So far, very happy with it.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #36

Boowho,
Did you end up getting the eezrvproducts system. I saw them last weekend in Syracuse at the Good Sam Ralley. Looked like a nice unit.
Thanks
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmiller32 View Post
Boowho,
Did you end up getting the eezrvproducts system. I saw them last weekend in Syracuse at the Good Sam Ralley. Looked like a nice unit.
Thanks
Yes, that is what I got and am quite happy with is.

The only possible fly in the ointment is that one of the sensors on the toad consistently shows a temperature about 15 degrees higher than the other three, even though the toad tires are all inflated to the same pressure (checked with a regular digital tire gauge).

As a test, I'm going to switch two sensors on the toad, reprogram the two into the receiver and see if the problem transfers to the other tire. If so, I'd expect the sensor is defective on the temperature side and will ask a replacement from Tom.

Boowho??
Old 05-17-2014, 05:15 AM   #38

Boowho how do you like the system now after using it for nearly a year? i am looking at the same system you have.
GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryanJane View Post
Boowho how do you like the system now after using it for nearly a year? i am looking at the same system you have.
Very happy with it.

One of the sensors MAY be failing, I have to check it out. If so, it's probably still under warranty.

Boowho??
Old 05-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #40
Berkshire 390QS

Boowho, is the higher reading on the drivers side of toad? I found out ours reads a bit higher due to the engine exhaust is on that side.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote