Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #1

Tpms

Found this system on EBAY:

Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring Systems TPMS 10 Sensor System | eBay

Anyone know anything about it?? Is there a better system available or maybe a similar system for less $$$??

Do these things all operate on the same frequency? In other words would the factory system in my Ford Fiesta interfere with this one??

Help if you can!!!!

Thanks

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #2

boowho

First I feel very safe driving down the road and able to see each tire pressure as well as each tire temp. It has a high and low psi alarm just in case you have a slow leak or you over filled.
It sequences to each tire all the time and you can select anyone if you want it to stop and see it.

I have RV510 but the new RV507 is easier to fill tires. I have been using that model RV510 for almost 6 months.
The price is very high on ebay because of the quantity of tire monitors.
Here is a direct link to the website where you can buy the system with the amount of tire monitors you need.
Home - Truck System Technologies, Inc

Also a video on how they work
510 TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System Installation - YouTube

Also a video on the RV507 newer model
http://youtu.be/5FPDXccV5PE
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
Found this system on EBAY:

Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring Systems TPMS 10 Sensor System | eBay

Anyone know anything about it?? Is there a better system available or maybe a similar system for less $$$??

Do these things all operate on the same frequency? In other words would the factory system in my Ford Fiesta interfere with this one??

Help if you can!!!!

Thanks

Boowho??
IMO that is a lot of money for a TPMS that doesn't have a brand name - I would stick with a name brand TPMS like TireTraker or something similar that has a good track record - do a search here and you will find lots of good information about different TPMS that are available.

Regarding the frequency question - all I can say is the one I have does not interfere with my Ram factory installed TPMS.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
IMO that is a lot of money for a TPMS that doesn't have a brand name - I would stick with a name brand TPMS like TireTraker or something similar that has a good track record - do a search here and you will find lots of good information about different TPMS that are available.

Regarding the frequency question - all I can say is the one I have does not interfere with my Ram factory installed TPMS.
All the components are all made in China. Last time I check the one I use had a 2 year warantee if you bought straight from them online with free shipping.

WEBSITE Warranty Statement
We offer a comprehensive two year warranty which covers parts, sensors, and workmanship for any defect or malfunction.

Simply return the defective part to our warranty claims department and we will replace the part and ship to you the replacement part in a swift and timely manner.

Please include a copy of your receipt with your item and
simply send your warranty replacement items to us at:

Truck System Technologies, Inc.
4250 Keith Bridge Road
Suite 200
Cumming, GA 30041
(770) 889-9102
Old 05-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
All the components are all made in China. Last time I check the one I use had a 2 year warantee if you bought straight from them online with free shipping.
Buyer Beware is all I can say here.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Buyer Beware is all I can say here.

What TPMS are you using that is made in USA and is backed with a 2 year no questions asked warranty?

I'd like to know.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
What TPMS ar eyou using that is made in USA and is backed with a 2 year no questions asked warranty?

I'd like to know.
What I am simply saying here is that I would be wary of buying any TPMS that is offered on eBay - I want to be able to pick up the phone and discuss any issues I might have with the manufacturer. I had to ship one sensor back to TireTraker in Texas with no questions asked or receipt required.

Go ahead.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
B47

One other thing - TT shipped my replacement sensor in a postage paid box and all I had to do was pack the defective sensor in it and drop it off at the local UPS store.

I didn't see that in the info you posted.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
Berkshire 390QS

Have the TST 507 on HM and toad, works great and purchased it directly from TST. the system even tells you when one of the batteries are low and which one, ran to wlamart and purchased new watch battery and was good to go. Don't need the repeater at all, picks up the toad even when it is parked in the garage and HM on side of house.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #10

I have this unit. Purchased it at the FMCA national Rally in Ohio last year. The tire sensors are the same as the TST brand. The display is the same, it is programed the same, and it is made in the same factory. Mine came with a 3 year unconditional warrenty. It works great and was $100 cheeper than the TST equivalent. I purchased the 10 sensor unit with the repeater but I see the toad just fine without installing the repeater. I got the sensors that let you replace the batteries.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
I have this unit. Purchased it at the FMCA national Rally in Ohio last year. The tire sensors are the same as the TST brand. The display is the same, it is programed the same, and it is made in the same factory. Mine came with a 3 year unconditional warrenty. It works great and was $100 cheeper than the TST equivalent. I purchased the 10 sensor unit with the repeater but I see the toad just fine without installing the repeater. I got the sensors that let you replace the batteries.
Wow!!! Sure got lots of interest in this one.... Thanks to all. It appears that more are in favor of this unit than against.....

So I will purchase tomorrow for delivery by Thursday, when I leave this park. Apparently the exact same thing from TST is $60 more. And this guy provides 3 year warranty, assuming he stays around and doesn't go belly up.

Boowho??
Old 05-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #12

Quote:
... 3 year warranty, assuming he stays around and doesn't go belly up.
Right. Good luck with that.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #13

BTW, that looks like the older TST 510 system (not the new 507). The batteries in the sensors are not user replaceable. What do you plan to do in about 5 years when the batteries are gone?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Right. Good luck with that.

Between you, me and the gatepost..... Electronics will almost ALWAYS fail in the first three months of use, if they are going to fail at all (a good reason to NEVER buy extended warranties on electronic items).

After that, most likely any problem would come from one of the sensors. The biggest enemy of electronics is excess heat. Here in AZ, any brand's sensors will be susceptible to heat damage from the sun; it's a fact of life.

Boowho??
Old 05-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #15

Quote:
BTW, that looks like the older TST 510 system (not the new 507). The batteries in the sensors are not user replaceable. What do you plan to do in about 5 years when the batteries are gone?
Ummm..... Thanks for that thought. It made me go back and check and the EBAY posting says this:

---------------------------------------------------------------

The system comes with a monitor that can handle up to 22 wheels up to 180 psi if needed and the sensors have replaceable batteries meaning the system will never become obsolete so long as the common generic CR1632 cell battery is available.

---------------------------------------------------------------

With all due respect to those that seem to be "unsure" of this product, I'd think you all may have been "burned" by EBAY sellers in the past. I've never had a problem with any EBAY purchase in over 10 years of buying.

But I certainly appreciate ALL the feedback; wouldn't want to make a $400+ mistake now, would I? If you really want to see negative reviews, go look at WalMart website for the flexible hose "as seen on TV". 95% of buyers trash the product. I have two and LOVE them.

Best Regards

Boowho??
Old 05-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #16

Quote:
and the sensors have replaceable batteries meaning the system will never become obsolete so long as the common generic CR1632 cell battery is available.
Good to hear. (I don't think the display unit will match the picture then, but don't guess anyone would care about that.)
Old 05-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #17

BTW, since you asked, I have known many sellers on E-bay who were very reputable. In this particular case, I suspect that this guy has obtained the TST system from the manufacturer they use in some unethical way and so is stealing their engineering work.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #18

Quote:
BTW, since you asked, I have known many sellers on E-bay who were very reputable. In this particular case, I suspect that this guy has obtained the TST system from the manufacturer they use in some unethical way and so is stealing their engineering work.
Now that IS a possibility..... He located in Quartzite AZ, which is a "mecca" of accessory dealers for TT's motor homes and 5ers. Every year in January they have a huge show, which at least 50% of all the snowbirds in the valley flock to.

Many actually caravan together for the trip from Mesa. I myself spend enough money on my coach for really necessary stuff; don't need to go there and find something that I buy on an impulse and then be sorry for it later.

Once again, I thank you for looking out for me but I'll probably pull the trigger in the morning. Most of life is a crap-shoot, right?

Boowho??
Old 05-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
B47

Quote:
Now that IS a possibility..... He located in Quartzite AZ, which is a "mecca" of accessory dealers for TT's motor homes and 5ers. Every year in January they have a huge show, which at least 50% of all the snowbirds in the valley flock to.

Many actually caravan together for the trip from Mesa. I myself spend enough money on my coach for really necessary stuff; don't need to go there and find something that I buy on an impulse and then be sorry for it later.

Once again, I thank you for looking out for me but I'll probably pull the trigger in the morning. Most of life is a crap-shoot, right?

Boowho??
Hey Guy - you asked for opinions about this and you received some - some good and some maybe not so good.

Do what you think is right.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Hey Guy - you asked for opinions about this and you received some - some good and some maybe not so good.

Do what you think is right.
Yep, I did and yep, I will! I appreciate ALL of the responses. What would have been a show stopper, would have been is 95% of the responses were "the guys a crook, the product is junk"!! And it's STILL a crap-shoot; could go either way.

Boowho??