Old 04-21-2016, 08:04 PM   #31

I have the EEZ with 10 tires total (incl. my toad - CRV). Works like a champ...have had it for over a year. It was just out after 5 months in winter storage and all worked just fine on startup. Highly recommend them. I've spoken with their people prior to purchasing and they were/are awesome...great folks. I didn't have any dead senders, but it can happen...they will get replacements right out if you need one.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:14 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Personally I prefer and bought external TPMS with Lifetime warranty and with early warning "rapid air loss" feature that warns when your pressure drops quickly from the hot pressure and does not wait till you are 15% below the cold set temperature as I believe some systems do. At that point you may have already damaged the leaking tire.

I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:20 PM   #33
Retired IT Manager (NERD)

I just installed a TireGard system 6 tire 41ft no repeater and works good.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:43 PM   #34

For those that don't Monitor the toad I had a issue over the winter where my braking system in the toad applied the brakes. I only noticed it because the temp on the tires went up and sounded the alarm. I stopped ASAP and disabled the brake but damage was done. That fast new pads and rotors on a new car. Without the TPMS on the toad I have no doubt it would have caught fire.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:38 PM   #35
Fulltime in our Berkshire

I know I would be awfully worried if I had to leave without my tire monitoring system.
Modern technology is great for making things safer than they have been in the past.
Home is Where we park it
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:54 PM   #36

TPMS is a no brainer. Should come standard on all motorhomes with an option to add for the toad.

Rich
Old 04-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
For those that don't Monitor the toad I had a issue over the winter where my braking system in the toad applied the brakes. I only noticed it because the temp on the tires went up and sounded the alarm. I stopped ASAP and disabled the brake but damage was done. That fast new pads and rotors on a new car. Without the TPMS on the toad I have no doubt it would have caught fire.
Phil that sucks. Did you ever determined what actually happened ? Faulty braking system ?

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:12 AM   #38

Not really. It wasn't the system I usually us. It was a RV1 that I borrowed from a friend. It works just fine on his. We tested it several times.

Tags
berkshire