Old 05-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #51

Oh, btw TST does not interfere w my Ford OEM sensors plus they have a sterling reputation for any customer support needs. I would guess some of the other brands mentioned do not interfere with OEM sensors either.

TST 507RV TPMS
Zolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:07 AM   #52
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolin View Post
TST also has user replaceable batteries plus you can remove the locks on them and make them even lower profile. If you remove them they will stop transmitting and extend battery life. Otherwise they will last 1 year full time.
How do you remove the locks? Pictures please.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #53

Small screws on the underside. Download pics and instructions from TST website. They should have come w the kit.
TST 507RV TPMS
Old 05-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #54

For those of you that have added valve stem sensor type did you get your tires rebalanced does the sensor weight make a differance

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #55
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Small screws on the underside. Download pics and instructions from TST website. They should have come w the kit.
Ok, just never referred to the set screws as a lock. However, removing them will not lower the profile tho' as they should be screwed down as far as they will go and then the set screw engaged to prevent someone from easily removing them.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You must have gotten a special deal. I've bought 2 sets from TST and neither unit was set up. You have to determine which sensor goes on what tire, set your own temperature and pressure parameters. TST didn't do anything but ship them and give great instructions on how to set them up. Been there, done that, TWICE.
Odd. I called in my order - perhaps that is the difference?

Earlier this year, I had a issue with a what I thought was a faulty sensor and shipped the system back to them. Linda called me and said the batteries were low - she installed new batteries, re-keyed the sensors to our new load rating D Marathons and next day aired them back to us at no charge. Outstanding customer service!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrode View Post
For those of you that have added valve stem sensor type did you get your tires rebalanced does the sensor weight make a differance
I really doubt that the sensor weight would make a difference in balance. I weighed my 507's and they come in at .68OZ each.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:46 AM   #58
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Odd. I called in my order - perhaps that is the difference?

Earlier this year, I had a issue with a what I thought was a faulty sensor and shipped the system back to them. Linda called me and said the batteries were low - she installed new batteries, re-keyed the sensors to our new load rating D Marathons and next day aired them back to us at no charge. Outstanding customer service!
Odd indeed, I called both of my orders in. You're the first one I ever heard of having the system set up without having to do any programing whatsoever.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:52 AM   #59

Old coot, we may be referring to different sensors. My TST 507 came with flo-thrus however they were protruding way past my aluminum rims. I was uncomfortable with thinking they might snag on a curb or road debris and break my valve stem. I sent them back to TST to swap them with the lower profile cap sensors. Those have the ability to remove the anti theft device by removing three screws. It lowers the profile even more without them. This is indicated in the instructions. I don't recall whether or not the flo-thru 507 sensor had a removable anti theft device or not. I installed the new cap sensors on high pressure stems and balanced the new Maxxis tires with the cap sensors installed on them.
TST 507RV TPMS
Old 05-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #60
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Old coot, we may be referring to different sensors. My TST 507 came with flo-thrus however they were protruding way past my aluminum rims. I was uncomfortable with thinking they might snag on a curb or road debris and break my valve stem. I sent them back to TST to swap them with the lower profile cap sensors. Those have the ability to remove the anti theft device by removing three screws. It lowers the profile even more without them. This is indicated in the instructions. I don't recall whether or not the flo-thru 507 sensor had a removable anti theft device or not. I installed the new cap sensors on high pressure stems and balanced the new Maxxis tires with the cap sensors installed on them.
Big difference in the 2, the flow thru's do not have that feature. I've had both and use the flow thru's, but I have a 5er and don't have to worry about them hitting a curb like on a MH.