Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2016, 09:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
It's a date! We can't wait!!
We need them too! We are doing a HUGE (3500 mile) loop that includes the UP and west side of Michigan next summer. I have tentatively planned stops in Marquette, Mackinaw City, Petosky and Muskegon and would love to know the best campgrounds. I also need a good campground near Ann Arbor, MI for a week while the kids are in summer camp at UM. VERY few good ratings on CG's with full hookups around there, so if anyone has any recommendations I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #22

Any state parks close by??? They are usually in great locations....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBerkFamily View Post
We need them too! We are doing a HUGE (3500 mile) loop that includes the UP and west side of Michigan next summer. I have tentatively planned stops in Marquette, Mackinaw City, Petosky and Muskegon and would love to know the best campgrounds. I also need a good campground near Ann Arbor, MI for a week while the kids are in summer camp at UM. VERY few good ratings on CG's with full hookups around there, so if anyone has any recommendations I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks!
I know of a couple of very good parks to stay at while you are in MI.

One is in Traverse City, MI. called Holiday Park Campground, this has a 8.4 rating in RV Park reviews. We where there this Aug and I would agree with he rating.

Another is in Muskegon, MI. called Duck creek Resorts this one is rated 9.2. I would give the park a 10. We camped there last July with the grandkids excellent park.

The Third one is in South Haven, MI. and is called Sunny Brook RV Resort this one is rated 8.7 which I agree with.

There is lot's to do in all three cities and the surrounding area. All three parks have either cement sites or level gravel and have full 50 AMP hook-ups.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:50 PM   #24

I have stayed in all three parks listed above. I would add Traverse Bay RV in Traverse City and KOA in Petosky. If traveling to the UP I enjoy Anue Osborn in the Soo. Not fancy and no sewer hook up but a very Pleasent place to relax and watch the freighters go by. Also in Ludington Ponchos Pond is a very nice park. Very clean and very friendly.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel