Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #11

What's with two furnaces. I have one and a heat pump. I have the RB model. Any one with the RB have two?

Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdrmin View Post

Thanks didn't check ducts. I have 2 furnaces w/heat pump in front. Do you mean ducts in the floor from furnace. Only felt air from ceiling vents from the heat pump. Just wasn't very much so that might be something to check..a blockage?
Confirm 2furnaces -1under cook top 1-in toilet room. The front furnace blows air down to floor through 2slots cut under cabinets no duct work in floor to move air across to sofa side of salon or towards the front. Rear furnace has vents to bedroom & bath hall area mounted in walls to direct the air. Also found outside rubber strip seal mounted under full length of kitchen slide poorly installed with a 1/2 inch air gap running about 6 inches letting major heat outside and cold air in when slide extended. Should be an easy fix before next trip.

Buzz
rvdrmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #13

Morning,
We just had the slide seal replaced under our bedroom slide out. Same thing. Big gap underneath. They did a bang up job fixing it. Frank
Old 04-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #14

Morning Phil,
We have the FL390 and it came with 2 furnaces plus the option of running the heat pump first to save gas. Frank
Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 AM   #15

rvdrmin:

I'm considering reworking the wiper seal under my kitchen slide. It has a very loose fit and is probably leaking. What kind of fix did you make? I am considering removing and then re-installing the existing seal. I think if I mount it about 3/4" higher it will make much better contact with the bottom of the slide. But if you have a better solution would like to hear it.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgewant View Post
rvdrmin:

I'm considering reworking the wiper seal under my kitchen slide. It has a very loose fit and is probably leaking. What kind of fix did you make? I am considering removing and then re-installing the existing seal. I think if I mount it about 3/4" higher it will make much better contact with the bottom of the slide. But if you have a better solution would like to hear it.

Thanks
Thanks for your reply! Just got my RV back from dealer fix. They reinstalled bottom seal but not high enough so still slight air gaps. I'll take off myself and reattach higher with more pressure on the bottom slider surface. Make sure screws are inserted in different holes in the rubber strip & in wood frame along bottom base. Consider filling old screw holes with light silicon caulking. My thoughts.

Buzz
rvdrmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #17

Moved mine up about 3/4". Used the same holes in strip. Filled holes from original installation with a JB Weld Quiksteel epoxy. Sanded and repainted. Can't tell where it was originally. Makes much better contact with bottom of slide. I guess if I ever have difficulty heating or cooling the MH this is the first area I will check for leakage.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #18
Future Berkshire Owner

That fix should improve gross leakage if air, but it is still a thin rubber barrier for preventing conduction/radiation. You may also consider something like a "draft dodger" (a cloth roll thong) to wedge under the kitchen slide cabinets when you are parked.

I have a problem with the seam under the bunk slide. It somehow broke free and gets run over by the slide roller. Still mostly seals but doesn't look pretty and will probably break later this year.