Old 10-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #1

Truma AquaGo now Standard!

From today's RV Business news:
Forest River Class A Diesel to Use the AquaGo

Forest River Inc.’s Class A Diesel division has made the decision to use the Truma AquaGo as the exclusive water heater on all models moving forward, the Elkhart, Ind.-based manufacturer announced in a release Monday (Oct. 17).

Jeff Babcock, general manager of Forest River Class A Diesel, came to the decision after discussions with members of his management team, Dave Carpenter and Mike Peterson.

“Our dealers and end users have been asking for a more consistent and reliable water heater. We have been using the Truma AquaGo in the Forest River Berkshire, Legacy and Charleston, and feel now is the perfect time to begin using it on all of our models because of the high quality and luxury it offers,” said Babcock.

Peterson added, “We want our customers to enjoy the pleasure of showering in their coach the way they do at home. The Truma AquaGo functions flawlessly at low flow rates and, with 60K Btu, it is the most powerful water heater on the market. It’s the only instant water heater in the industry that can be easily decalcified so our customers will continue to have a stress-free experience using this product for years to come.”
Gerhard Hundsberger, Truma’s president and CEO, said Truma is “grateful for this opportunity to work with Forest River Class A Diesel. We look forward to fortifying our partnership, supporting dealers and ultimately campers with the carefree hot water experience the Truma AquaGo offers.”

Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #2

I was one of those who requested they look at the truma aquago, i'm sure one of many. The nice thing about the trauma is that with the right plumbing you can have instant hot water with the model that recirculates the water.

Factory Tour in June

Old 10-20-2016, 08:20 AM   #3

If it proves to be reliable I wonder if it can be retrofitted to previous model years
Old 10-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #4

The cover is different from the Atwood, so there would have to be some modification there. How complex a retrofit would be I do not know.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #5

The Gerard unit in my 34qs which is a second gen model has been reliable so far.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #6

Actually, the Gerard gen 2 in my 2015 40rb has been good so far also. I haven't used it a lot yet but some of the horror stories I read about the Gerard's had me scared when I bought it
Old 10-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #7

Wonder what the difference is, I installed a Girard Gen 3, had the gen 2 , didn't get along with very good .None of these offer instant hot water , simple because flame has to come on and start the process , Aquago states it has no frost protection , Girard does .long story short, we really like the gen3, we've been out about a month now, use it everyday, mix cold to hot for showers etc. never fails. Girard customer service an tech support has been great to us. Just an FYI
Old 10-21-2016, 09:12 PM   #8

Attwood has freeze protection as well

Wayne
Old 10-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #9

I upgraded to a Girard Gen 3 last year and it has been great so far.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #10

I also upgraded from the Girard Gen I to Gen III. No problem mixing hot and cold water. Works great - except!!! I just experienced a problem mentioned in a previous post, where it doesn't fire up and the heater's gas valves need to be tapped. I tried this and it works. This brings up the question for those that experienced this problem, is whether Girard has acknowledged the problem and is offering a fix.
Hank