Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #1

Two 110 outlets went dead - 2011 390 RB

On each side of the coach, basically even with the rear of the driver/passenger seats are two outlets. Both of mine went dead today, and I've not been able to locate the circuit breaker/fuse for them.

They are marked as GFCI (no button), but the only GFCI outlet I have with a reset button is NOT tripped.

SO, if any of you folks that are electrically "wise" and could maybe point me in the right direction, I'd be most appreciative. I've already checked all the CB's under the bed, and also the reset button for the single GFCI outlet that has a button. SO, far no help.....

Anyone??

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
On each side of the coach, basically even with the rear of the driver/passenger seats are two outlets. Both of mine went dead today, and I've not been able to locate the circuit breaker/fuse for them.

They are marked as GFCI (no button), but the only GFCI outlet I have with a reset button is NOT tripped.

SO, if any of you folks that are electrically "wise" and could maybe point me in the right direction, I'd be most appreciative. I've already checked all the CB's under the bed, and also the reset button for the single GFCI outlet that has a button. SO, far no help.....

Anyone??

Boowho??
You should have one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. "Gfci"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #3

1st make sure you only have 1 GFI curcuit. If you have a volt meter you check the line feed off of your GFI outlet. If the breaker on the outlet is not tripped then you should have 110V-120V. If there is no V's the its likely you GFI is bad. If there is V's then check the 2 outlets. Take them out of the wall and check both poles of the outlet. This is to check that one of the 2 outlets isn't bad. I would check the one closer to your GFI first.
Me and my wife with 3 kids love camping!!
dmf564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #4

Mine goes dead if the bathroom GFI is tripped.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
X2.........it took me awhile one time to figure that out. If my kitchen gfci trips, it also kills my other outlets too.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #6

Quote:

Anyone??

Boowho??
Another situ I've seen is if the outlet before the two outlets is wired sloppy which often happens the wire "passing through" becomes loose. The circuit breaker may work, the feed to outlet A is ok but the connection leaving that outlet will starve outlets B and C. Or the same leading to B is not connected properly and B and C are dead. Another possiblility is there is a Junction Box after outlet A and its connections are bad. The outlet have the thin squeeze type connections and easily come loose. Also GFCI is required in baths and Kitchens. Don't be surprised if the two you're looking for turn out to be a standard circuit.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Yep!!! I'm filled with chagrin that I didn't think of the GFCI CLEAR AT THE OTHER END OF THE COACH!!!! Silly me......

Then to make matters worse, my wife actually discovered the tripped bathroom GFCI! Aarrrrrggghh!!!!

Seriously, wifey is VERY good at finding such things if I just get out of the way. Ya ought to see it when some grease monkey tells her something really off the wall, like "your muffler belt is slipping" and she jumps right in their "stuff"!!

Mechanically, a shrinking violet she is not!!

Thanks to ALL over the suggestions/answers. Phil57, you are an especially good source of info for me since we have almost identical units. BTW, that same CGFI controls the outlet in the television compartment behind the right front wheel.

BTW(again), I should have an actual weight from a truck stop (CAT) scale within the next couple of weeks. Mesa, AZ winter is about over and I'll be putting this Berky on the road by the 29th.

Boowho??
Old 03-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #8

Don't feel bad ... I think most of us have done the exact same thing. It took me the better part of a day to find the problem.
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:

Seriously, wifey is VERY good at finding such things if I just get out of the way. Ya ought to see it when some grease monkey tells her something really off the wall, like "your muffler belt is slipping" and she jumps right in their "stuff"!!

Mechanically, a shrinking violet she is not!!
So she knows better than to fall for "your headlight fluid is low" or "your outer chromed reverse throzzle rod needs replacing".

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
So she knows better than to fall for "your headlight fluid is low" or "your outer chromed reverse throzzle rod needs replacing".

VERY much so.

Boowho??
Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #11

Glad it worked out. I'm on the road but leaving nice and sunny 70's in SC and heading to cold and snowy 20's in Michigan. I hope this is my last winter in Michigan. Safe travels.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #12

Boo,
Happy to hear that it worked out!! That's why you are on this forum. The info available here is great- and so are the people.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote