Old 11-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #1

Upgrade couch/hide a bed in 390 BH

I am a new owner of a 390 BH and really disappointed with the 'air matress' bed in the couch. My first outing the air matress lost air.

I had a Forest River 5th wheel prior to upgrading to the Bershire 390 BH and the 5th wheel had a 'hide a bed' frame with an fold up self inflating air matress.

Does anyone know if I can upgrade the sofa to a 'hide a bed' instead of the seperate air matress ?

I have asked my dealer but it has been a couple of weeks without and answer after several calls. Very disappointing.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Onesun, we had to replace our air mattress in our Berkshire. The air mattress gets pinched on the metal frame. We did repair it with Gorilla Tape for a temporary fix, but finally got the dealer to get us a new air mattress.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #3

Re: Upgrade couch/hide a bed in 390 BH

Wnytaxman, thanks for the reply.

What I am looking for is the replacement of the couch ( I think ). My coach came with a 'big' airmatress that has what looks like two sections.
The top section looks like a standard matress part if it lays on the couch area with the coushions removed.
Then there is a bottom section that actually lays on the floor supporting the top section, matress, where the it is not on the couch.

I am looking for a folding frame that hides in the couch and the air matress would set on that.

My old Blue River 5th wheel had two of these couches/hide abed in them and I never had any issues with them.

Once again thanks for the reply.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
2011 Berkshire 390bh

It sounds like you have the 2012 Berkshire. When we looked at the new one we couldn't figure out how the couch worked to make it into a bed. Now I know from your explanation. The 2011 comes with a folding bed under the couch and the air mattress and inflater are attached by Velcro to the bed frame. We use ours regularly as we often travel with our twins and my in laws. (Don't ask!!) Our complaint hasn't been with the air mattress couch set up, but rather with the love seat which rivals sitting on a concrete block for comfort. We are looking to replace that unit.

I really don't know why Forest River elected to change the hide a bed setup into what they have now. I would think the current setup is more of a hassle and will probably cause more problems. My guess is that a lot of folks had issues with holes in the hide a bed mattress so they switched to your setup. Doesn't sound like it's a real improvement for the 2011.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
JEM

Had same problon ouem on mt 2011 on first trip, had to buy new one while on our trip. Dealer did get me a new one. The one I purchased is a coleman will use as a spare.....just in case.

Tags
bed