Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Family Man with an RV

Send a message via Skype™ to doctormdj
Upgrade Side Camera from B/W to Color

Anyone ever decided to upgrade their side camera from black and white to color? My 2011 390BH came standard with 3 black & White cameras and now the newer ones are coming out with color cameras across the coaches. I've looked at the color and they seem much better to see things with. Anyone did the upgrade? I went to ASA and asked about them.... seems pretty expensive for a swap. Love to hear any thoughts on color vs Black & White and if anyone made the plunge to change them out or not. If so... what did it cost and where did you get them?
doctormdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormdj View Post
Anyone ever decided to upgrade their side camera from black and white to color? My 2011 390BH came standard with 3 black & White cameras and now the newer ones are coming out with color cameras across the coaches. I've looked at the color and they seem much better to see things with. Anyone did the upgrade? I went to ASA and asked about them.... seems pretty expensive for a swap. Love to hear any thoughts on color vs Black & White and if anyone made the plunge to change them out or not. If so... what did it cost and where did you get them?
I might consider such an upgrade if I could get a better picture. The contrast on the B/W is way over-driven, especially on the side cameras. The need to auto-adjust depending up on the direction of the ambient light (sun shine).

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
410 QS 425 2011 Birkshire

Jensen RV Direct - Shop Premium Audio & Video RV Electronics this company sells ASA products , I replaced my rear camera with color , bought it on sale several years ago .Left the side cameras alone ,color is pricey even on sale.
malewis49 is offline   Reply With Quote