Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #1

Upgrade sound

I would like to upgrade the sound in the MH.
I want true around sound for the TV
I want a blue ray player
I want to run HDMI up all the TV
Any ideas on doing it my self or having it done be a local car audio shop. Do I deed up add a receiver if I junk the dvr box. I'm not good with choosing the right systems. Are the surround sound bars worth doing. It seems we have the speaker wire run so what speaker would well in its place? Think this will be a long product but I want it don. Any help

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #2

I had HDMI run to every TV. I purchased all of the cables and 4x4 switch to save big $$$. Running them yourself is going to depend on how well you know your current wiring and how well you can work with the slides. The TV above the current A/V gear is the easiest, following by the TV outside. The one above the driver area is probably the most difficult followed by the bedroom. Just my opinion based on the work I had done and where they ended up running the cable. Cost of the parts is not that bad at all. Labor is going to be the killer. I got all my gear from Firefold. I'm not familiar with your floor plan but I can tell you where they ran my stuff if you want.

Again my opinion, the sound bar is useless because of the enclosed space. I left mine hooked up to the TV audio. I use a Sony PS3 for my Bluray.

JJ
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote