Old 10-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #11
I don't think they removed the washer. There is an access panel in the closet on the wall between the washer and closet and once removed the valve was right there. Good luck

Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #12

I was unable to find the vent located in the bathroom vanity. I cut a small hole in the vanity cabinet and it appears that it is directly tied into the vent that goes thru the roof, KEYWORD appears.

I looked under the kitchen sink and found a cheater vent. Ran over to Lowe's and purchased a new one. The rubber flap in the new one seemed to move back and forth a lot more than the one I removed. Also the one I removed was barely screwed into the piping.

I also looked at the washing machine but with no access panel in the closet I would need to remove the washing machine to investigate further.

So... installed the vent, ran water down the kitchen & bath sinks and fingers crossed the problem has been solved.

2013 Berkshire 390BH / 360hp
EJM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Where are the shut off water valves for the washing machine? The drain line should be next to the shut off valves. If you take a flash
light and look all around the washing machine you should be able to see the hoses for the water and drain as there must be a way to turn off the water when necessary such as a leaking machine. Hopefully the valve you found was the culprit for the smell. The rubber in those valves tend to dry up and loose the flex. Let us know how you make out.
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #14
Future Berkshire Owner
Don't forget about the water manifolds in the wet bay. You can shut down the supply to the washer from there too.

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, location, vent