Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #1

Vented v. Ventless washer dryer thoughts?

We are one month with our 2014 400BH and love, love, love it. There are a few minor issues we need to have addressed but nothing major. When we take it in for service we want to have our washer and dryer installed. We have the hookups already and were planning in the normal stackable combo. Now I'm thinking the Splendide 7100xc might be a nice option as it would leave half the closet for storage and we wouldn't have to bother with venting. Thoughts? We do travel with our three and need clean undies quite often.
Kelsma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #2

We went with the stackable. Vent the put on is chrome and looks like great. The single model didn't have the capacity compared to the stacked and the drying time was longer.

Good luck with whichever you choose.
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #3

Capacity is probably my biggest concern. I like the idea of not taking up the whole closet but my concern is only washing itsy bitsy loads.
Kelsma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #4

Kelsma,
We have a combo, vented Splendide washer drier. We wanted the combo because, even though it has less capacity, it does, as you mentioned, leave half the closet open. Also, with the combo, you can put wash in the machine and go out and when you get back, it is done. If you get the stackable, you need to move the clothes from the washer to the drier and then wait for them to dry. Also, the ventless puts the drier moisture into the drain hose (I think) while the vented puts the moisture outside, which in my opinion is better. I think the combo is also lighter than having a seperate washer and drier.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #5

We have stacked Whirlpool with vented dryer. Very few people seem to be happy with a ventless combo, we had a vented Splendid combo in our last RV which worked fine but could only do very small loads at a time and it took easily 3 hours.
If you don't want to sacrifice the space for a dryer, a vented combo could work.
Here's a trick, when the dryer cycle is almost complete take the clothes out, fold them, put them back in and finish the dry cycle, this helps to prevent wrinkles. Oh, and we always use fabric softener.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #6

We had a vented Splendide on our last boat. It worked ok but it did require small loads and I remember my wife complaining of wrinkles. We got the factory installed stackable whirlpools with our 2014 400BH. No comparison. We have 3 grandchildren (twins age 12 and a 9 year old) living with us so laundry is a major deal. DW says get the stackable and vent the dryer, you wont be sorry.

Dan
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
We had a vented Splendide on our last boat. It worked ok but it did require small loads and I remember my wife complaining of wrinkles. We got the factory installed stackable whirlpools with our 2014 400BH. No comparison. We have 3 grandchildren (twins age 12 and a 9 year old) living with us so laundry is a major deal. DW says get the stackable and vent the dryer, you wont be sorry.

Dan
X2!!!

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #8

Tmmar X2.
Love the Splendide Vented combo. The dryer adds a lot of heat to the MH so I cannot imagine how hot it would be with a ventless unit. I would stick with a vented combo.
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #9

We have the vent-less model installed in our coach. Many people do not understand how the system works and shy away from it. The system uses water to cool the drum which produces steam and thus exits the machine in the same drain tube when the tub empties. It produces no more heat then a vented model and expels no moisture into the coach.

We have three kids and it receives a workout when we travel and has been great!

Tags
vent