Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
gasman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Mi
Posts: 1,201
Ok, so I went to install today. Looking at rails, do I need to remove the plastic end cap that covers the end of the arm rail to install? Can't see any other way to access awning tube groove.




Rich
__________________

__________________
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:10 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Mmnsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charleston County SC
Posts: 563
On the rail on side (towards the rear of coach) should be open. There are 2 rails, one is for the awning fabric and the other is for the auxillary item like the shade pro. You might have to bring the awning in slightly to see the open rail.




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
gasman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Mi
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
On the rail on side (towards the rear of coach) should be open. There are 2 rails, one is for the awning fabric and the other is for the auxillary item like the shade pro. You might have to bring the awning in slightly to see the open rail.




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Thanks. I can see the open rail, but the rail cap blocks the opening. That is why I'm wondering if I need to take the top half of the cap off. I gave up on it today because there is too much wind. But I will have it on by Memorial day camping.



Rich
__________________
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
dan-nickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Thanks. I can see the open rail, but the rail cap blocks the opening. That is why I'm wondering if I need to take the top half of the cap off. I gave up on it today because there is too much wind. But I will have it on by Memorial day camping.
Rich
I think kind of on the top side there is a groove that might allow d shade to slide into the roller. Looks like if you stop the awning roller to line up with that groove, you might be able to slip it in without removing any of the motor cover. I'm not looking at it right now but that's what my memory is telling me. :-)
__________________
Dan
2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
dan-nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:10 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
gasman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Mi
Posts: 1,201
OK. Thanks. I'll check it out next time I have it here.

Rich
__________________
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #26
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Thanks. I can see the open rail, but the rail cap blocks the opening. That is why I'm wondering if I need to take the top half of the cap off. I gave up on it today because there is too much wind. But I will have it on by Memorial day camping. Rich
If it is a Dometic, you can't slide it in from the motor end, it has to slide in from the torsion end.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:38 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
dan-nickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
If it is a Dometic, you can't slide it in from the motor end, it has to slide in from the torsion end.
It is a Carefree/
__________________
Dan
2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
dan-nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #28
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
It is a Carefree.
Whole different animal. Sorry.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning, electric

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.