Old 10-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #51

I have GS. Their "payback" is that they ask you how many days you expect to use your RV and quote you a premium based on that. Nothing more.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #52
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
I have GS. Their "payback" is that they ask you how many days you expect to use your RV and quote you a premium based on that. Nothing more.
Good Sam says they will send you a refund for every 30 continuous days you have your trailer in storage. You have to call when you want to put it in storage or take it out. Storage can be considered your driveway. According to the sales guy for Good Sam insurance, if I never took out the trailer for the entire year, I would have only paid around $80-100 for the 12 month pre paid premium after getting back my storage kick back. Sounds great at first but I like getting ratings and doing the research.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #53

I asked them about it when I renewed in August and reported above what I was told. Perhaps they changed, or the person I spoke to didn't know what they were talking about.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #54
DDC

If the sun rises in the east insurance goes up, if the sun sets in the west insurance goes up. It's a bit like gas pricing too.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #55

We have Good Sam Insurance, got it last May, plus we added our vehicles to it also. We had Progressive for Motorhome and USAA for vehicles, we saved 1200 over a year. I was dreading the renewal fee after hearing all the horror stories but ours actually went down a few bucks... So I can say so far we are very pleased with the insurance. We haven't put Motorhome in storage yet to see what happens with that but we were told we would get the collision part of insurance back for however many months it was in storage.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #56
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELPAYNE View Post
We have Good Sam Insurance, got it last May, plus we added our vehicles to it also. We had Progressive for Motorhome and USAA for vehicles, we saved 1200 over a year. I was dreading the renewal fee after hearing all the horror stories but ours actually went down a few bucks... So I can say so far we are very pleased with the insurance. We haven't put Motorhome in storage yet to see what happens with that but we were told we would get the collision part of insurance back for however many months it was in storage.
Thanks for the input. Keep us updated!

I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote