Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #1

Warranty

I live too far to return to the selling dealler for warrenty repairs. They gave me a number to call Forest River. Forest River said the department the dealer gave me the number to does not cover Berkshire warrenty. They gave me another number that I called and left message but no one has returned and of my calls. Is this normal for their warrenty department? Does anyone know of a good number I could try?
Tazfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #2

Go to Forest River/Berkshire page and call the.......

main number. I have had other motorhomes including Tiffin which is supposed to be the best at customer service. The Charleston/Berkshire staff is the most friendly and helpful that I have encountered. I have dealt with the maintenance and the parts department and they go out of their way to satisfy. Also, parts are reasonably priced as apposed to the outragious dealer and Camping World costs.
BamaCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #3

You can also call Matt who is the warranty manager for Berkshire line. His number is 574-295-2117 and explain your situation. Ask if you can get the repairs done at a local dealer and you pay for them and have Forest River re-imburse you. That worked well for me when I needed warranty work and my selling dealer was 8 hours away.
Good luck.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #4

I do not know where you are located but I had the same problem being to far from the purchasing dealer. The local dealer did not want to work on the coach and strung me out for three months. I went back to the factory and it was the best move I ever made. They not only took care of my warranty issues but added new enhancements that had come out since my coach was built.

If you can go to the factory. you will get quality and courtesy.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClic View Post
I do not know where you are located but I had the same problem being to far from the purchasing dealer. The local dealer did not want to work on the coach and strung me out for three months. I went back to the factory and it was the best move I ever made. They not only took care of my warranty issues but added new enhancements that had come out since my coach was built.

If you can go to the factory. you will get quality and courtesy.
X2!! I agree with mrclic. Some minor items were repaired that I paid for at a local dealer and was reimbursed by Forest River but also had some slide issues and a leak that I went to the factory to be repaired. While there they also put in some updates that had come out after the coach was made.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote