Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2016, 09:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Well ours vibrates the bed & coach too. Just the way it is I guess.

As to the quarter vibrating beds of 45 year ago. The washer has the same effect when we are in bed. I just for some reason don't get the same result tho !!

Russell
The Magic-Fingers bed's,The Long walk to get Change for a Dollar! Youroo!! Now it is a long walk to get change for the W/D at a Laundry Mat!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:01 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

My Wildcat 5er and my park model the washer shakes the place all the time. Only at home with the washer on the basement floor is when I don't feel a shake.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:09 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm going to start leaving a quarter on the nightstand every time DW starts a load of wash.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #24
CCRVOC

When we purchased our first 5th wheel in 2002, we also purchased a Splendide combo washer/dryer, took it to the dealer and had them install it in the fiver. First time DW used the washer, the whole coach started shaking violently when it went into spin cycle - so much so that items were being tossed onto the floor. We thought that it was a problem with too much or too little items in the washer or that it was not balanced correctly. After experimenting 4 or 5 different loadings, we finally decided that we had to remove it before it shook the fiver apart. With help from a friend, we took it out and hooked it up in the garage to see if it the shaking continued or if it could be dampened with a rubber pad underneath the beast. When it got to the spin cycle, it started bouncing all over the garage floor like a bucking bronco. I laid my almost 300 lb body across the top to try to hold it down. My friend pulled the plug and then was rolling on the floor laughing. We decided to take the back cover off to see if there was something loose that was causing the problem. Imagine our surprize when we discovered that it was not something loose but the dealer had not removed the shipping straps from the drum. After we removed them and ran another cycle, it hummed through the spin cycle like a well oiled machine - relatively speaking!!! It does have some vibration now when it goes into the spin cycle but we put a tripod stabilizer under the king pin and this helps reduce the shaking quite a bit. We have now been using this same washer for 14 years in two different 5th wheels and are quite happy with it.
miles on CC - 2011 = 6035; 2012 = 14779; 2013 = 9066; 2014 = 5263; 2015 = 11179; 2016 = 5869; 2017 = 7290
rockfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfarmer View Post
When we purchased our first 5th wheel in 2002, we also purchased a Splendide combo washer/dryer, took it to the dealer and had them install it in the fiver. First time DW used the washer, the whole coach started shaking violently when it went into spin cycle - so much so that items were being tossed onto the floor. We thought that it was a problem with too much or too little items in the washer or that it was not balanced correctly. After experimenting 4 or 5 different loadings, we finally decided that we had to remove it before it shook the fiver apart. With help from a friend, we took it out and hooked it up in the garage to see if it the shaking continued or if it could be dampened with a rubber pad underneath the beast. When it got to the spin cycle, it started bouncing all over the garage floor like a bucking bronco. I laid my almost 300 lb body across the top to try to hold it down. My friend pulled the plug and then was rolling on the floor laughing. We decided to take the back cover off to see if there was something loose that was causing the problem. Imagine our surprize when we discovered that it was not something loose but the dealer had not removed the shipping straps from the drum. After we removed them and ran another cycle, it hummed through the spin cycle like a well oiled machine - relatively speaking!!! It does have some vibration now when it goes into the spin cycle but we put a tripod stabilizer under the king pin and this helps reduce the shaking quite a bit. We have now been using this same washer for 14 years in two different 5th wheels and are quite happy with it.
Wow, 14 years!!! That's incredible. I didn't think anything lasted that long anymore.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #26

Ours does the same thing. Smaller loads helps but you'll most likely never stop it completely.
RGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:28 PM   #27

I talked to my service guy today about the extreme shaking. He told me there are only 2 3/8 bolts that are removed during installation. But, smaller loads might be counter tuitive. I'm going to try the opposite. However, he is going to talk Splendide (bad spelli g) Monday to see what they think. I know a few folks that has front loading machines in their homes that don't shake like this.
Rick_Geneseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencamiolo View Post
Anyone have any ideas? When we run the washer and as it is spinning up or slowing down from spinning it shakes the entire coach. Anyway to secure or balance this thing?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
They forgot to remove the shipping bolts/blocks on our Whirlpool washer and our Berk shook massively. The big hint for this is to check your drum for flexibility. Obviously, it turns, but it should also flex back and forth when you pull and push it. If it only turns, they left the shipping bolts in.

Our RV dealer had to subcontract the work to an appliance repair firm. So, if you are a long way from your dealer, or don't have a high regard for the dealer's quality, I suggest contacting Forest River directly so that you can bring it directly to an appliance repair company for warranty repair. They have to remove the dryer to get at the washer and then the washer, because the bolts are at the back.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire