Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #1

Water tank access

Really new to this rig and don't want to something stupid.
Looks to me like access to the water tank is on the passenger side; I think I can see it behind a white 1/4" panel shown in the picture.

I want to do an anti-siphon mod but need to remove the white panel for access. It appears that 2 screws near each vertical gasket might be holding it. Is removing the screws the proper method for removing the panel - or how?

What's the purpose of that panel anyway?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	196386  
Old 02-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Dragonship Captain

That is known as the "useless white panel".

Yes, a few screws and it's out. Mine sits somewhere in my workshop as I have done a few mods there.

Each coach is a little different so although likely you may or may not find the vents behind it. The tank runs almost the full width of the coach so things are on either side.

Keep digging. You'll get to it. If you want take the panel off and post another picture... folks can look at it here.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #3

Thanks, Oscarvan!

I removed the panel today which exposed the mystery (to me) behind.

I assume lines "C" are vents/overflows. Looks like they loop up then both head down by the right water tank corner to discharge below (where they are barely seen in the picture).

Line "B" is the water fill?

Are tanks "E" and "F" the gray and black?

What is line "A", black vent?

Confirmations/corrections/comments appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Water tank lines.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	196622  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #4
Dragonship Captain

Yup, that sounds about right with I believe F being the black tank and A being where the tank flush sprayer nozzle is. (The one you connect the hose to on the other side when you're dumping and rinsing.)

You can confirm that the black handle is on your left and the gray handle on your right on the other side....
Old 02-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #5

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2019, 08:55 PM   #6
Dragonship Captain

Looks like the black piece is also only attached with two screws. You can explore further.....
Old 02-12-2019, 12:47 AM   #7

Correct on the handles. Also the "F" tank is narrower and less capacity so it will be or should be the black tank.

Also, while you're there, you might want to secure the black steel plate with more screws and/or a couple of rubber pads between the back of the plate and the frame that it attaches to. Just yesterday I put a couple of pads in as the steel against steel vibration can be very annoying. It took me a while to locate it as the source of the rattle that I've experienced.
planopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #8

Thanks for the info & tips, guys!

Yes, the dump lines on the other side match the tank locations on the passenger side.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #9

40C

On my 40C, the line you have identified as B is not connected. My water fill is on the other side, closer to the connection.

I will eventually use that connection to water tank for the water bypass system called showermeiser.

If you have a showermesier installed, it might be the return from the shower, as it doesn't sound like FR to run a line of PEX across the coach, when they can access the FW tank right next to the connection point in wet bay on other side.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:35 PM   #10
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidernation View Post
If you have a showermesier installed, it might be the return from the shower, as it doesn't sound like FR to run a line of PEX across the coach, when they can access the FW tank right next to the connection point in wet bay on other side.
Good point, it may be the showermeiser.

That said, on mine there is no showermeiser and the fill IS on the passenger side...
Old 02-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #11
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
To my understanding; FR does not put showermeiser pressure lines/drains in for any after market equipment. That said . . . It might be the “modified” system for the Truma Aquago that FR started installing. It is not the top of the line system, but a modified one, this might be for that system.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:02 AM   #12
Dragonship Captain

FR DOES put showermeisers in the Berks. We had the guy who invented, produces and sells it at a rally and he told us of getting the deal. Several owners have since bought coaches with the system installed.

Because of the manifold system and it's long runs the boon dockers were asking for it, and got it. To recap, you return water to the fresh water tank with a diverter valve
mounted in the shower or at the sink until the blue mushroom says you have hot water and then you start using water. This way you're not wasting water while waiting for hot water. The return line to the fresh water tank is what we were talking about above.

The Truma aquago is not a "modified system". It's an on demand propane fired water heater. Nothing more or less.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #13

Eureka!

Well, turns out that we actually have a Shower Miser, and didn't know it. Just realized it thanks to your responses and some research.

The 2 "C" lines on the left are the overflows/vents and the right line "G" is the SM return. See today's pic revisions in green.

We are tickled! Thanks for all the advice!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	water tank lines 2-19.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	197149  
Old 02-19-2019, 08:00 PM   #14
Dragonship Captain

Another satisfied customer.

Tags
tank, water, water tank