Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 07:06 AM   #1

Well, today is the day!

Picking up our new Berkshire 40B today!

Heading out in a couple of hours to pick up the coach. First stop will be the insurance company to drop off a copy of the sales contract to pick up proof of insurance. Followed up by a 90 minute drive to the dealership for the show-n-tell walk through, final test drive, paperwork, and write the check.

Then the drive home, I should hit Dallas just in time to hit the after work traffic rush, or crawl as it can often be.

I guess after a little behind the wheel time I can start getting serious about choose a name for the Berk.

Have a Great Day Everyone!!!!

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Picking up our new Berkshire 40B today!

Heading out in a couple of hours to pick up the coach. First stop will be the insurance company to drop off a copy of the sales contract to pick up proof of insurance. Followed up by a 90 minute drive to the dealership for the show-n-tell walk through, final test drive, paperwork, and write the check.

Then the drive home, I should hit Dallas just in time to hit the after work traffic rush, or crawl as it can often be.

I guess after a little behind the wheel time I can start getting serious about choose a name for the Berk.

Have a Great Day Everyone!!!!
Good luck on your PDI. Congrats on your new Coach.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:15 AM   #3

Congrats on the new coach! Hope the PDI goes well and recommend you take some notes. Lots to learn during a good PDI and walkthrough.
Pacific Northwest
Subsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
Congrats on the new coach! Hope the PDI goes well and recommend you take some notes. Lots to learn during a good PDI and walkthrough.
There are a few things that I plan to pay special attention to, and I think that I may just take advantage of my cell phones video capabilities.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
Old 05-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #5

It may sound excessive, but try the water heater. Mine was DOA and was caught at the last minute during final dealer prep. Had they not caught it, I would have not noticed it either.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:17 PM   #6
Dragonship Captain

Check EVERYTHING.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:37 PM   #7

Good luck and Happy Camping!
Jhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:49 AM   #8

Thank you all for the well wishes and item to check.

We did make it home with out issue. Not sure how much I will remember from the PDI but it will either come back to me, or I'll be asking some dumb questions. I'm pretty comfortable with the exception of the new hot water system that needs to be turned on here and then there, in the right order or it's not going to work. I hate cold showers.

Old 05-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #9
jkoenig24

I hope you get more than a "show and tell walk through". Make sure EVERYTHING works! Do NOT hand over the final payment until you are FULLY satisfied. A good PDI should take HOURS.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote