Old 07-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
Don't get me wrong. I just answered the question. I didn't expect to have a perfect experience with the Berkshire. These motorhomes are complicated and many of my problems where minor. I really love the motorhome and don't think I would have had any better experience had I bought a Tiffin or a Fleetwood. Would just be out more money and not as happy.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #12
That's why I love my tt 26TBUD. Minor issues fixed in an hour. Had 7 trips and can't be happier. I have always heard people say that they love the first trailer they ever bought the best. Not too much to go wrong.

shagginwaggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #13
Windjammer 3008W with wrong axles installed so very little clearance with the wheel wells. Rockwood sending new axles to a local dealer to install and repair the damaged wheel wells.

The black weather seals were hot glued to the slides instead of installed in the tracks mounted to the trailer. One fell off the first time I put the slide out. Noticed it on the ground and found the other three waiting to fall off.

Both issues could have been easily corrected with a quality control inspection prior to leaving the factory.
hehbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #14
Steve & Phyllis
Had our Sandpiper 8 months and about 2000 miles so far.

Shower leaks
DVD no sound. Wired wrong.
Shower. Leaks.
Slide seal cracked.
Shower leaks.
Hydraulic breaker trips.
Shower leaks.
Inside molding comes off. To much pressure on nail gun and they went all way through wood.
Shower leaks.

So far dealer has been great but can't seem to get shower fixed. Just got it back "again" and they assure me it is fixed now.
I actually left off all the little things since they were quickly resolved.
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #15
We had a 2013 Cherokee grey wolf 26DBH and had a number of issues with it!

First the caulking around windows and doors outside was awful as well as on the inside with the shower and kitchen area, so I had to re do those. Then the plumbing from the pump was leaking really badly and needed replaced. The bathroom door wouldn't shut and latch, water heater never stayed lit. Played with the pilot light on a number of occasions with no luck, then one night it stayed "on" with no flame and blew all the propane out... Battery that was first installed was garbage... The worst though was our first long trip (500+ miles) and I stopped to check the tires and they were wearing very badly. I did a rough measurement from hub to hub from driver side to passenger side and they were 3/4" difference. Once we got to our destination I measured from the tongue back to the point that the shackles for the axles were welded on and they were 3" off from side to side... Sent it back to the dealer with some harsh words and sincere disappointment... Low and behold they gave us more than we paid for it and then knocked a few more grand off of another new of our choice...

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
Waiting a year to get front panels replaced. Graphics peeling off. Dealer has upper one waiting for lower so both can be done at same time.
2012 Salem 27rls TT
2006 Dodge Ram Big horn 5.7 v 8
2012 camped 32 days
2013 so far 48 days
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
Sent it back to the dealer with some harsh words and sincere disappointment... Low and behold they gave us more than we paid for it and then knocked a few more grand off of another new of our choice...
You sir, have one heluva dealer. I want to buy my next MH from them.

Name and Location???

boowho is offline   Reply With Quote