Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #1

what are your year 1 issues?

mine are as follows (so far 3 months of ownership, 4 trips/7 nights)

major issues:
- rear wardrobe slide pulley pulled off the wall
- awning topper on wardrobe slide needed to be re-rolled to align correctly (caused by the pulley incident)
- leaking water line to the ice maker
- broken two stage propane regulator
- black tank flusher clogged before i ever used it

minor issues:
- front passenger headlight condensation
- missing trim buttons
- dream dinette wood travel stop knocked off
- kitchen drawers not smoothly moving
- dead bolt not closing

things wrong, but neither dealer/FR acknowledges it as wrong:
- inverter wired to the battery bank incorrectly.
- house bank interconnects are mismatched lengths
- house bank to coach wired incorrectly.
- chassis bank interconnects are mismatched lenghts
- chassis bank to motor wired incorrectly.
- outside tv not connected to media switch at midship cabinet
- 2013 390bh model uses 1 5.1 sound bar under the tv for it's "surround sound"

all these occured on my short overnight and weekend trips so they were easy to catch early. first long trip end of july (~410 miles staying for 5 nights then return to nearby campsite (492 miles for 3 more nights) then home for cleaning and maintenace (generator break in service will be due then).

what's on your year 1 issues list?
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #2

2014 390RB-60: 10 days ownership : 3 nights & approx 240 miles driven so far. 9.7 mpg and almost 4 hrs on gen.

Dinette table 1 1/2 inches too short to fit on ledger boards for use as bed base - dealer informed, resolution unknown.

Grey tank always showed empty. Not sure how much was in there but it should have shown at least 1/2 maybe. Have to check again on next use.

Otherwise everything is great so far. Really love this coach!

Himcules: what caused the slide pulley failure?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC02 View Post
Himcules: what caused the slide pulley failure?

my issue was poor workmanship during the installation of the pulleys. as you can see, the drilled holes for the multiple attempts at mounting the motor and the pulley assembly made the wall weaker and could not stand up to the forces of the motor. the pulley assembly ripped right off the wall. funny thing is there was initials of the installer on a sticker on the pulley assembly. however the handwriting was illegible to make out what it was supposed to be... so i can't forward to FR for them to investigate...

thread here:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ure-39246.html
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
NELA

Bought ours 5 weeks ago, camped 4 nights so far.

Only issue (and I just contacted Flagstaff via email about it) so far is the air bed sleep sofa not staying in place during travel. It moves forward about 1.5 inches...just enough that the driver's side cushion scrubs against the super slider edge if the sofa isn't shoved back against the back wall before the slider is deployed or retracted.

I'm thinking this sofa should be permanently anchored to the floor. If we forget to reposition this sofa eventually the front edge of that cushion will be torn and possibly the floor covering will be damaged by the sliding of the sofa legs.
I'm going to place rubbery shelf liner under the two front legs for now (takin er out for a third trip this weekend, 5 nights) while I wait for a response from Flagstaff. Hoping that will hold the sofa in place. I don't want to do anything that'll create any warranty issues.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #5

Been having ours for almost two months. 9 nights of camping and about 300 miles driven.

No major issues, only nic nac stuff.

- Wood molding on dinette table broke off.
- Stain on master bed carpet.
- Screws loose on bunk bi fold door.
- Screw heads popping on outside TV. I am a little concerned about this.
- Medallion in bathroom has a chip on it.
- Love seat is not mounted level.
- Tears on passenger seat, Caused by tire kickers turning the chair while it was on the lot I guess.

All cosmetic problems, I have an appointment at the dealer next month to get them all repaired.

Overall I am very pleased with this coach.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #6

Major items:

Overweight on Front axle - needed tire and airbag upgrade.

Paint blemishes

Face frame stile on cabinets over sofa cracked

Hot water heater replaced with 2nd generation on-demand. Leaked within one week of being replaced.

two stage LP regulator failed

Minor issues:

Missing screen
Missing trim buttons
poor workmanship on several weatherstripping cuts
Missing Light fixture (dealer cannabalized it)
Some cabinet drawers need realignment to close properly.
5A - 125V glass fuse on refrigerator has blown twice (no reoccurrence since purchase of surge protector)
Generator fascia misaligned
intermittent dash fan operation
Generator slide release cable dislodged from lever
Inverter compartment wire mesh shield not installed
seat belt buckle fell off
Rats nest of cables in entertainment center with a really outdated DVD player

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #7

We had a few problems but the dealer took care of them and I have no complaints.
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #8

Gosh, I'll bet everybody ALREADY knows mine........ Stated carrying capacity/unladen weight off by at least 2000 and probably closer to 3000 lbs. And NOT in my favor......

Other big issue is the damn entry steps (Lippert) that just can't same to extend/retract without getting a severe case of the hiccups.

Everything else you guys mentioned is not even a blip on my radar; even if I did have the same issues. I guess it's best said as "I've got bigger fish to fry"!!!

'Course I did buy mine used, so I have lesser expectations than others.

I'm having mine "4 corner weighed" this week at the Escapade Rally in Gillette, WY. I discussed the mis-stated CCC and UVW with the certified weigh master at the rally, and he said it's more common than not that the weight stickers are wrong, but not as bad as mine.

He said if you want to have some fun, work out a deal with some dealer, then JUST before signing the contract, tell them you want to have it weighed and compare the figures.

They will completely panic, since the dealers KNOW of the situation with overstated CCC's/understated UVW. Apparently it's been going on for years and is the industries "dirty little secret".

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #9

Had our 5er since late last April and only had 2,

*sink handle was stripped and dealer got us a whole new faucet
*day/night shade string broke and dealer got us a replacement shade
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #10

I bought a Vengeance 25v on June 1st. The fuse for the living room lights was blown when I got it home. Changed it no problems at the house! On our first trip blew it again this time could not correct the problem ( good I had other lights). Call the dealer stopped on the way home found the crimp connections where loose. I ordered the 2 optional chairs 2 weeks before I picked it up dealer claims they are being shipped send numerous e-mails nothing like paying for something and not being able to enjoy them.
rebryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #11

Don't get me wrong. I just answered the question. I didn't expect to have a perfect experience with the Berkshire. These motorhomes are complicated and many of my problems where minor. I really love the motorhome and don't think I would have had any better experience had I bought a Tiffin or a Fleetwood. Would just be out more money and not as happy.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #12

That's why I love my tt 26TBUD. Minor issues fixed in an hour. Had 7 trips and can't be happier. I have always heard people say that they love the first trailer they ever bought the best. Not too much to go wrong.
shagginwaggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #13

Windjammer 3008W with wrong axles installed so very little clearance with the wheel wells. Rockwood sending new axles to a local dealer to install and repair the damaged wheel wells.

The black weather seals were hot glued to the slides instead of installed in the tracks mounted to the trailer. One fell off the first time I put the slide out. Noticed it on the ground and found the other three waiting to fall off.

Both issues could have been easily corrected with a quality control inspection prior to leaving the factory.
hehbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #14
Steve & Phyllis

Had our Sandpiper 8 months and about 2000 miles so far.

Shower leaks
DVD no sound. Wired wrong.
Shower. Leaks.
Slide seal cracked.
Shower leaks.
Hydraulic breaker trips.
Shower leaks.
Inside molding comes off. To much pressure on nail gun and they went all way through wood.
Shower leaks.

So far dealer has been great but can't seem to get shower fixed. Just got it back "again" and they assure me it is fixed now.
I actually left off all the little things since they were quickly resolved.
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #15

We had a 2013 Cherokee grey wolf 26DBH and had a number of issues with it!

First the caulking around windows and doors outside was awful as well as on the inside with the shower and kitchen area, so I had to re do those. Then the plumbing from the pump was leaking really badly and needed replaced. The bathroom door wouldn't shut and latch, water heater never stayed lit. Played with the pilot light on a number of occasions with no luck, then one night it stayed "on" with no flame and blew all the propane out... Battery that was first installed was garbage... The worst though was our first long trip (500+ miles) and I stopped to check the tires and they were wearing very badly. I did a rough measurement from hub to hub from driver side to passenger side and they were 3/4" difference. Once we got to our destination I measured from the tongue back to the point that the shackles for the axles were welded on and they were 3" off from side to side... Sent it back to the dealer with some harsh words and sincere disappointment... Low and behold they gave us more than we paid for it and then knocked a few more grand off of another new of our choice...

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #16

Waiting a year to get front panels replaced. Graphics peeling off. Dealer has upper one waiting for lower so both can be done at same time.
2013 so far 48 days
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
Sent it back to the dealer with some harsh words and sincere disappointment... Low and behold they gave us more than we paid for it and then knocked a few more grand off of another new of our choice...
You sir, have one heluva dealer. I want to buy my next MH from them.

Name and Location???

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote