Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2016, 11:34 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Another Day, Another Mod.


This shower head is light years ahead of the Oxygenics I had installed in our 5th wheel.


Even though the shower head in our Berk was not bad, this shower head probably doubled the water pressure!


http://www.ecocamel-showerheads.com/products/product/140-jetstorm-plus
that's a great idea..did you just replace the head or did you have to replace everything??
__________________

__________________
Joe & Kathy
2017 Berkshire 38A
Toad: 2016 Ford Edge
2016: days camped 60
2017: days camped
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HuntsVegas, AL
Posts: 5,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
that's a great idea..did you just replace the head or did you have to replace everything??
All I did was replace the head - super easy shower upgrade!

As for the Screen Door brace I will try to remember to take a photo when I get back to the Coach. If CRS strikes however, the door brace goes right across the screen door. Easy job, 1/8" drill bit needed, 4 holes in your door and 2 in the brace to hold then ends on. Took me all of 10 min to install.
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:12 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: On the Road.
Posts: 133
Brought a out door music speaker by King. Had to drill one hole I put it just above the kitchen window by sink, it's Bluetooth ready sound very good and it's has LED lights I hook it up to my kitchen light so need to turn it off by the light.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: On the Road.
Posts: 133
And I took out the factory TV the one that you have to turn your neck to watch. It's outofhere took everything out made it shelves and below cabinet is storage with the doors. Now have to Rewire to new TV. took out the love seat and had cabinets made on top is the new TV a 43".


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:59 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
Dbt803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 366
Would love to see pictures. I too have been thinking about removing the loveseat.
__________________
Debbie
"Midnight Pearl" - 2011 Berkshire 390 BH
Dbt803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:56 PM   #86
Member
 
Texas Realtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Argyle Texas
Posts: 87
On my 2011 bh, I cannot open my front door and keep it open and just enjoy the door screen. What am I doing wrong as it seems to not fully open and if any wind blows it shuts. Seems something not right to enjoy screen wth door wide open
__________________
Texas Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:07 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HuntsVegas, AL
Posts: 5,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Realtor View Post
On my 2011 bh, I cannot open my front door and keep it open and just enjoy the door screen. What am I doing wrong as it seems to not fully open and if any wind blows it shuts. Seems something not right to enjoy screen wth door wide open
Check the door Arm at the top of your front door. There is a tension nut up there that can be tightened. See if this will help keep the door open.
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
All I did was replace the head - super easy shower upgrade!

As for the Screen Door brace I will try to remember to take a photo when I get back to the Coach. If CRS strikes however, the door brace goes right across the screen door. Easy job, 1/8" drill bit needed, 4 holes in your door and 2 in the brace to hold then ends on. Took me all of 10 min to install.
Did same, thanks for the advice they are both good up grades.
Loading up for next trip today, still having problem with Schwintek kitchen slide getting out of time and having to re time. I have looked at every video they have. Works okay for awhile and then gets out of time somehow. Just ran in and out 3x and all is okay (today).
Any suggestions?
__________________
Joe & Kathy
2017 Berkshire 38A
Toad: 2016 Ford Edge
2016: days camped 60
2017: days camped
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #89
Member
 
Texas Realtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Argyle Texas
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Check the door Arm at the top of your front door. There is a tension nut up there that can be tightened. See if this will help keep the door open.

Thanks Bama!
__________________
Texas Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HuntsVegas, AL
Posts: 5,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
Did same, thanks for the advice they are both good up grades.
Loading up for next trip today, still having problem with Schwintek kitchen slide getting out of time and having to re time. I have looked at every video they have. Works okay for awhile and then gets out of time somehow. Just ran in and out 3x and all is okay (today).
Any suggestions?
We had the same issues and when we spoke to the techs at Goshen, they said that the biggest issue was owners would put their slide in (or start going out) and then stop and reverse the process. Apparently this is what puts the slide out of time (if someone disagrees, don't shoot me I am only the messenger )

We were told by the techs that once you start a Schwintek (in or out) go the full cycle and do not stop. If your Schwintek is out of time, cycling the slide out in and out 2 times should retime things. (This is how the tech "fixed" our slide).

Ever since heeding the tech's advice I have not had a timing problem on either of our Schwintek slides. (and they have cycled easily 20 or more times).
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
berkshire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.