Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #1

what do you love about your berkshire?

where do i even begin?

love the engine and chassis! this thing just moves so well and smoothly! i know it's not unique to the berkshire and it's a common platform but man, this is one sweet riding rig!

i love my paint job, one piece windshield and overall look of the rig. very impressed with the design details.

i love the 3 door storage compartment bay with the french door opening. i think this is unique to the berkshire? makes it extremely easy to load anything of any size.

i love the water control bay. that manifold system is slick!

i love the generator slide out in the front. makes getting to it to service it a breeze!

so what do you love about yours?
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #2

Well said. I couldnt agree more about what a pleasure it is to drive and I love the looks as well. I have a super duty diesel pickup and friends ask why I didnt just get a nice big 5th wheel (had one once and did like it) but I really love driving the Berk with its smooth quiet ride. It is a big part of looking forward to heading out on a trip.
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
2011 Berkshire 390bh

I love the fact that I think I got a rig that is the best bang for the buck out there in RV Land! It's a nice unit that has most of the things I want and I didn't have to re-mortgage the house to do it.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #4

For all the Berks come with you just cant beat the "Bang for the Buck". Just returned from a trip with ours and averaged 10.4 MPG. I really like that!!! The best I ever attained with the gasser was 6.5. We cant really say anything bad about it. After having it out a few times I can honestly say I wish I had traded up sooner!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #5

For me everything that's been mentioned. It is undoubtedly the very best bang for the buck.

The only thing that interested me more was a Damon Tuscany. But another $25-30K for a comparable unit was more than I wanted to pay.

LOVE the way it drives, floats down the road like riding on a cloud.

The one-piece windshield and the paint job, although I'd rather had something in browns, tans, and gold instead of black, grey and red. But that is an insignificant issue considering the steal-of-a-price I paid for it.

Mileage?? I averaged 10 coming up to Durango, CO from Bensen, AZ. Some SERIOUS mountain climbing between here and there. I figure I'll hit close to 12 in the flat lands of the great plains.

I could go on-and-on, but why?? Everybody here feels the same way I'm sure.

Being an ex-truck driver, I always tell my "lesser brethren" that if your camper (be it a gasser or a 5-er pulled by a big honkin' diesel pickup) doesn't go "swoosh" when you step on the brake, you're not running with the big dogs!! And of course the air horns go a long way to enhance that "image".

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #6

I love everything that was mentioned above by everyone else.

But what I really love the most is the quality of these coaches. I read a lot of threads on the Tiffin Network. The few things that are complained about here does not compare to the loads of stuff that are wrong with those higher priced coaches and the amount of time each one spends at their factory in Red Bay.

I shopped the Tiffin line up before I bought my Berk. To me it was a no brainer on which one to buy.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post

But what I really love the most is the quality of these coaches. I read a lot of threads on the Tiffin Network. The few things that are complained about here does not compare to the loads of stuff that are wrong with those higher priced coaches and the amount of time each one spends at their factory in Red Bay.

I shopped the Tiffin line up before I bought my Berk. To me it was a no brainer on which one to buy.
Your post is music to my ears!!!

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post

i almost bought the tiffin myself but my dealer finally come through to fix their original mistake with my deal. if they hadn't done the right thing i would be in the tiffin allegro red 38qba. pretty much the same exact rig as the 390bh in terms of floorplan, appliances, and features - just more money from my experience.
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #9

This thread was a great idea and a good reminder that despite all of the little things that need to be added, fixed or considered the best feeling I get from our Berkshire is that I firmly believe it is the most coach for the money. Are there others that are a little better for a lot more money - sure, but nothing beats the feeling that we got absolutely the best we could afford. Small bits of aggrivation, yes but the bottom line is....buyers remorse- no! Love it everyday whether using it or not and expect to be proud of it for years to come.
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote