Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leicestershire UK
Posts: 6
Who has the answer

Hi All

My name's Rick and I am totally new to this site.....I live in the UK (don't hold that against me) at present I own a holiday rambler Vacationer 2007 (not doing too well am I) I am hoping to get over to the US early in the new year, and am very interested in the Berkshire 360 FWS.

I cannot get any information on the build quality or problems people have had with the 2010 or 2011 model, (I am sure I will get a lot by reading this site) also the difference between the two year models.

I had a quick look at the site trying to find where to post this and if I understand from what I have read so far on the 2011 there is an additive for emissions I think DEF , any body know what this stands for or it does, It may be the same as Add Blue in europe and we have had this for 4 years now, if it is it is something not to be forgotten.

Any information will be helpful any other differences between the two model years looking at pictures the rear end cap has been changed, if Def is the same as Add Blue this is most probably to aid cooling as Add blue caused all sorts of problems.

Sorry for for the mega post thanks in advance Rick.
__________________

__________________
motor roamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Sorry I can't help you with the info your needing, but I did want to say welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your trip over here.

Don't worry, there will be some people on this forum that can and will help.
__________________

__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leicestershire UK
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Sorry I can't help you with the info your needing, but I did want to say welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your trip over here.

Don't worry, there will be some people on this forum that can and will help.
Many thanks the trip will be like coming home I used to live in Florida and always feel more at home there than here.

All the best Rick
__________________
motor roamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Infractee
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 794
Hi Rick, I can not help with the questions on the coach but DEF is Diesel Exhaust Fluid, it is urea which curbs the Nox emissions on the diesels. The new ford diesels have a small tank that is filled next to the gas cap.

From what I have read it is doing the same job as add blue does in the EU, cutting down on Nox.

It is sold here by the gallon pre mixed with distilled water or many petrol stations (especially truck stops) have pumps next to the diesel pumps to fill the exhaust fluid tanks.

Cheers!
__________________
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leicestershire UK
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Hi Rick, I can not help with the questions on the coach but DEF is Diesel Exhaust Fluid, it is urea which curbs the Nox emissions on the diesels. The new ford diesels have a small tank that is filled next to the gas cap.

From what I have read it is doing the same job as add blue does in the EU, cutting down on Nox.

It is sold here by the gallon pre mixed with distilled water or many petrol stations (especially truck stops) have pumps next to the diesel pumps to fill the exhaust fluid tanks.

Cheers!
Thanks it is the same deal as add blue that might turn me towards the 2010 model the amount of problems we have had with some of our trucks just makes me think don't know if they are the same either which means may not be able to put add blue in a DEf system.

Rick.
__________________
motor roamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor roamin View Post
Thanks it is the same deal as add blue that might turn me towards the 2010 model the amount of problems we have had with some of our trucks just makes me think don't know if they are the same either which means may not be able to put add blue in a DEf system.

Rick.
adblue is MB proprietary name for DEF. usa has same systems as europe
__________________
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leicestershire UK
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
adblue is MB proprietary name for DEF. usa has same systems as europe
Thanks much appreciated, any one have any concerns over build quality 360 FWS, as it seems so much value for money against the competition especially with the deals available at present, have seen them advertised as low as $140,000

Rick.
__________________

__________________
motor roamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
berkshire, surveyor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.