Old 08-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #11

Ford Idaho great setup. Thanks for the pic.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 08-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #12
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
On my 5'er, the city water hook up is located on back by spare tire. I use a quick disconnect and set filter on bumper.then used a 90 degree hose coupler on the feed side...no strain on anything.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:13 AM   #13

We don't drink the water from the tap, don't use a filter, used to but to lazy to stop off at Walmart and get another,

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #14

Possible Supplier

To All, I am in the process of verifying a drop in replacement for the KW1. I have used in the past with success a filter supplier called Filter Fast in Monroe, NC for other filter elements around our house (Spa and Whole House) and very pleased with them.

I reached out to them sending them a picture of the filter assembly and label they replied with the following link to try this as replacement.

https://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-NCP-10-filter.asp

Has anyone looked into the manufacture Pentek? Obviously the price is a lot better then anything we have seen so far.

Wayne
Old 08-07-2015, 11:53 AM   #15

My Kw1 filter broke and had to buy a new one so bought a #8 with a Culligan going into city water supply.
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1438962805.435191.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  102.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-07-2015, 12:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
To All, I am in the process of verifying a drop in replacement for the KW1. I have used in the past with success a filter supplier called Filter Fast in Monroe, NC for other filter elements around our house (Spa and Whole House) and very pleased with them.

I reached out to them sending them a picture of the filter assembly and label they replied with the following link to try this as replacement.

https://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-NCP-10-filter.asp

Has anyone looked into the manufacture Pentek? Obviously the price is a lot better then anything we have seen so far.

Wayne
The parts I mentioned earlier in this thread are Pentek. I received them this week and will install this weekend. The quality is nice! I will post some pics once I complete the install.
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:42 PM   #17

Discount price on KW1

Forest River is selling the KW1 at the rally for $20. You will not find this high of a quality for this price anywhere in the country. I believe it was Pauliboy who said that when it comes to Forest River, "...you wouldn't expect any less."

The Pentek filter that was referenced is rated for 255 gallons of chlorine reduction. The KW1 is rated for 10,000 (ten thousand) gallons.)

Using the old math, the KW1 gives you 40 times the filtration for three times the price. Forest River is treating us very good on this product.

I manufacture millions of pounds of ice in ten plants. We filter all our water to protect the machinery. We cannot afford cheap or inefficient filters. My knowledge in this particular subject comes from years of experience and is extensive I use the KW1 in my RV because it is the best, regardless of price.

Tags
water, water filter