Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #1

Windshield screens

Just saw an add in FMC magazine for heritageartltd.com for an inside sun shade for windshield. Have been looking at magneshade, great product, but expensive, especially for someone spending only approx 4 weeks/yr camping. Has anyone used this product?

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #2

My thoughts on the windshield shades are that you should stop the heat on the outside of the windshield. If you stop the heat inside, it's already inside. Know what I mean??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
My thoughts on the windshield shades are that you should stop the heat on the outside of the windshield. If you stop the heat inside, it's already inside. Know what I mean??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X2

Paul
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #4

Rich I just looked at the web site and it's not real long on info. A couple of questions or concerns with the product. Does it fit tight against the inside of the glass? If so it should do a good job of keeping the heat out. As I see it the gap between the windshield and the screen is where you get convective heating. If it's tight it will keep the MH cool. Having it on the inside has a lot of advantages like easy to put up and lasting a lot longer as its not in the weather.
Another issue I see with the product is sizing. It lists standard sizes and everyone knows there are no such thing in a MH windshield. I didn't look close enough to see if the price was with the picture. At 250 or so with the custom Muriel it is a great price.
It's an interesting product and worth a good look. I wish the web site was better. If you get more info please share.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #5

Ordered our Magne Shade and wheel covers 5 weeks ago... Email today says: "...sorry but your shipment it's delayed until next week"... That's 6 weeks?!? Only took 7 weeks to build my Berk!.... The wheel covers took 3.5 weeks.... They must work 2 hours a day 3 days per week... I hope the quality is worth the wait 😉

--Nathan
2016 38a
Old 10-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #6

Windshield screens

Nathan not sure if you know Roger or not but I promise you he doesn't work less than ten or twelve hours a day. He has a family business and his business has exploded. Everything is done to order and almost every order is different. Everyone in his family works in the business some between school hours. It's a great company that is growing very fast. Hopefully they will learn to manage it better. I also hope that a large company doesn't buy him out and really screw up a great product. My first order took 4-5 weeks. Worth the wait.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #7

My magma shades rock! I'll put them on even when it cool out. Worth every penny as we live in Arizona and this sun is toasty to say the least!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #8

Phil, the sizing was a concern and I believe magna shade is cut to your coach's size. The point you make about convective heating, however, is a very good one that I hadn't thought of. Since it's not a vacuum, anything caught between the windshield and the cover will become a furnace that will end up heating the coach. So I guess Cajun is right in saying you should stop the heat on the outside. Magneshade...sold. BTW, I did talk to Roger at Goshen and I have no doubt it is a great product. Just wanted to explore all options.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:06 PM   #9

Hey Phil I don't know Roger but from all I've heard and read he makes a quality product. Would have been nice to have 4 weeks ago since Tucson has been a little warm. We're looking forward to looking outside while not feeling like we're in a fish bowl 😉. Thanks for the feedback on them Phil. Hopefully I'll be installing sometime next week, Pics to come!

--Nathan
2016 38a
Old 10-08-2015, 12:15 AM   #10

Nathan when I installed mine I found I didn't have access to the very top f the windshield. I ended up having to take apart the panel. I heard of a good trick. Use a butter knife. It might save you from having to move that panel. I had to drop the front shade and remove a bunch of screws. Worth it but a bit of a PIA.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:35 AM   #11

Hi Phil
Just received my Magna Shade yesterday. I will install it at the FCOC rally in NC in a week and a half. Hopefully Tom and Craig will be available to help on the installation. After examining all the feasible options I decided to bite the bullet and order it while at Goshen. I ordered the windshield and drivers window for now. I asked Roger to hold up the shipment until we got back from our trip and he promptly shipped it exactly on schedule. Great customer service.

Marty

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:41 AM   #12

Welcome home Marty. Hope you didn't come home to a mess. Dianna and I have been wondering how your place faired with all the rain and floods. We sure hope you were spared any damage.
I really need to get my membership in the FCOC renewed and be more active. That rally would have been a perfect fit for us as we leave next week for Florida. It would have been good to see everyone.
Enjoy the rally. We can't wait to hear all about your trip.
See you both soon
Phil and Dianna