Old 10-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #1

Smile Winterise a 2012 birkshire 390 bh

Hey everybody we are proud new owners of a birkshire 390 bh motohome modele , we live in canada so winter is comming realy soon ! Need help this is new for us , we are going in florida in decembre around christmas time but before we leave we think that we need to winterise the motorhome ? Is this complicated ? Because we will have a lot of cold before we do leave with it ! I alsi have the ice maker and waher and dryer .....and when we leave in december ....it is complicated because we are goung to florida with it ...i imagen when we come back we have to start the same procese again to winterise after our vacation ,,,,,,,thank you guys for the help !

Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #2

Sorry for my english !

Old 10-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #3

Sorry it is a berkshire
Old 10-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #4

Winterizing Berkshire

Juliebvc,
Welcome to the forum, I think you will find a lot of information to help you out. Here is a recent thread looking for help with winterizing their unit.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-rv-16668.html
Winterizing is not hard, just a bit time consuming.
You could possibly put an electric heater or two in your unit to keep the temperature above freezing between now and your December trip, or you could go ahead and go through the winterizing process, de-winterize for the trip, and then winterize when you return. Your call.
Good luck.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #5

Thank you for the infi i will look at this .... Maybe like you said not winterise before leaving but at lease take all the water out and blow them ! Have a nice day
Old 10-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #6

I see you are in Quebec. It can get very cold there and I would definitely winterized your motorhome asap if not already done. There should be a section in the manual for winterizing. It is not difficult at all and MUST be done or you will find all sorts of problems when you get to Florida. Take some jugs of water with you on the road on your way down......once you get to reasonable winter conditions (above zero) you will be fine to run your water.

Just remember on your return (if during winter months) to winterized your coach prior to hitting the cold weather again. Failure to do so will result in cracked lines and water pump.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #7

Thank you very much for the info we did it
Old 11-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #8

Smile Quebec ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julievbc View Post
Hey everybody we are proud new owners of a birkshire 390 bh motohome modele , we live in canada so winter is comming realy soon ! Need help this is new for us , we are going in florida in decembre around christmas time but before we leave we think that we need to winterise the motorhome ? Is this complicated ? Because we will have a lot of cold before we do leave with it ! I alsi have the ice maker and waher and dryer .....and when we leave in december ....it is complicated because we are goung to florida with it ...i imagen when we come back we have to start the same procese again to winterise after our vacation ,,,,,,,thank you guys for the help !
I have done That l'astre weekend , very simple , do you speak french ?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #9

Bonjour ! J ai un berkshire neuf 2012 et je connais bien la machine !
Si vous voulez de l aide al@alainlarochelle.com !