Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
Fulltime in our Berkshire
 
KennyGolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 882
Winterize residential Fridge

I'm still not clear on how I can "blow" the water from the lines that feed the icemaker in my residential fridge. How do you get the line to open ?

Thanks
Ken
__________________

__________________
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
Ken,
I hook up my compressor to the fresh water inlet in the water bay and turn it on. I then go around opening all the taps (hot, cold, toilet, cold water on the fridge door) until only air comes out. It seem that by the time all that is done, hopefully the ice maker will have cycled once, as if it were making ice, and the valve opened and blown the got water out. I did the same thing when I pumped the pink antifreeze through. It didn't initially come out of the icemaker but the next day when I checked, there was pink fluid in the ice bin in the freezer.
Tom
__________________

__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
Fulltime in our Berkshire
 
KennyGolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Ken,
I hook up my compressor to the fresh water inlet in the water bay and turn it on. I then go around opening all the taps (hot, cold, toilet, cold water on the fridge door) until only air comes out. It seem that by the time all that is done, hopefully the ice maker will have cycled once, as if it were making ice, and the valve opened and blown the got water out. I did the same thing when I pumped the pink antifreeze through. It didn't initially come out of the icemaker but the next day when I checked, there was pink fluid in the ice bin in the freezer.
Tom
Thanks for the reply Tom.

I already pushed air thru the sink, shower, etc. But wasn't sure how to get the lines in the fridge to open. The water line for a glass of water on the door was easy enough. So I guess you're saying open everything up, turn the fridge and ice maker on, the sit back for a while and wait for it to turn on?

Thanks Again
__________________
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
Ken,
yes- that's what I did. While your doing that you can also run the washer/drier through a cycle to blow the water out of the lines running to the machine.
Tom
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
Member
 
ndfellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 58
I had mine winterized in Adahl and they disconnected on fridge side and drained it then they put anti freeze to the connector. I have a picture if your interested so I remember how to hook up!
__________________
ndfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #6
Fulltime in our Berkshire
 
KennyGolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfellow View Post
I had mine winterized in Adahl and they disconnected on fridge side and drained it then they put anti freeze to the connector. I have a picture if your interested so I remember how to hook up!
PLEASE do send a pic. I spent a half out with air going in and the ice maker on and still not sure if I got water out of the lines. I did get all the water out of the cup filler, but don't have a clue about the ice maker.

Thanks !
__________________
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #7
Member
 
ndfellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 58
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1416150012.411472.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	679.7 KB
ID:	66470. They unplugged. The red wire on right disconnected One side and got antifreeze to the other. Not sure it helps but good luck
__________________
ndfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
nd,
Looks like you have the Dometic refrigerator in your coach with an outside access panel. With the residential refrigerator, there is no access panel of any type to get to the back of the refrigerator.
Tom
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #9
Member
 
ndfellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
nd,
Looks like you have the Dometic refrigerator in your coach with an outside access panel. With the residential refrigerator, there is no access panel of any type to get to the back of the refrigerator.
Tom

Yes sorry!
__________________

__________________
ndfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fridge, winter, winterize

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.