Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2016, 05:13 AM   #1

Wiring Diagram - 380RB

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2016 380RB. Does anyone have a basic wiring diagram of this unit?

I am trying to understand how 110 volt electrical power is routed from the automatic transfer switch to the AC Circuit Breaker panel to the inverter and beyond...

Thank you,

Joe Allen
mercomms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:11 AM   #2

For the freightliner chassis, wiring diagrams are available. However, for the FR wiring which you are interested; I do not think so. There are a lot of members that could possibly walk you through what you are trying to do.
Hank
Old 10-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #3

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

I am attempting to trace 110 VAC from the Automatic Transfer Switch through the coach.

I understand 110 VAC from the pedestal (or generator) connects to the AC Main circuit breaker panel (below the bed) via the Automatic Transfer Switch. One of the circuit breakers on the AC Main circuit breaker panel appears to connect power to the Magnum Pure Sine Inverter. But I am uncertain if the circuit breaker switches the INPUT power TO the Inverter or OUTPUT power FROM the Inverter.

The Magnum Inverter manual shows Installation block diagrams for multiple configurations. All of the configurations include an AC MAIN Panel and an AC SUB PANEL - but I have yet to locate any AC SUB PANEL on my 380RB.

The Berkshire Owner's Manual is so generic (and applicable to multiple units), I find it useless as an electrical system troubleshooting aid. I do have the freightliner chassis.

Thanks again for your reply, Hank.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #4

If your inverter feeds more that one circuit it will have a subpanel on its output. This allows it to feed circuits that are attached to more than one breaker in your AC panel. As you now understand, that can get pretty complicated. Often the inverter has an integral transfer switch for each of these circuits so that they remain independent.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:57 PM   #5

I asked FR for a wiring diagram for my Gray Wolf. Was told it did not exist, neither did a framing diagram. I guess the folks out on the line take a WAG at it.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:52 PM   #6

On my 2014 RB, the inverter feeds back to the circuit breaker panel. If you look at the circuit breaker panel with the cover off you may notice it is in two sections left and right. The right side is fed from the inverter. Posted a diagram of my circuit breaker panel quite some time back. You might try a search to see if you can find it. I'm not able to do so at the current time.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:53 AM   #7

Found Dan-Nicke's post and it is pretty clear. Your breaker that reads "converter" or "inverter" is actually the AC power feed to your combination inverter/charger. When in charge mode it takes this power and makes DC to charge your batteries AND passes this ac through to the circuits connected to the inverter. This is called..."pass through" and is in fact an internal transfer switch in the inverter itself. This cable comes out of the inverter and goes to the power panel that has the inverter powered circuits. As Dan shows, it may be confusing since the "sub panel" in his rig is a the right section of his main panel and may not at first be obvious.

This output line will contain AC from shore power or generator when present, or AC generated by the inverter when running off DC.

You can see Dan's picture and explanation at http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ets-74217.html

Neat...simple...expensive!

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #8

Thanks very much for providing this information. I will do some further research to determine if my AC Panel also is a 2-in-1 unit with a "subpanel" containing circuits from the Inverter on the right side.

Many thanks again.

Tags
diagram, wiring