Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #1

Working out the bugs

We've had our 2014 390BH for just over two months now and love it! We have had some minor issues which were,

1. Wrong A/C's installed when built (ordered it with 15K's but came with 13.5's) but FR was great and sent them to a local dealer and were installed.
2. New front A/C compressor already went bad!!! Dometic is sending new one now and will be installed next week
3. Generator battery terminal block broke in inside and had to be replaced due to over tightening when installed.
4. Microwave installed improperly and squeakes! Still trying to get it fixed properly.
5. Refer igniter was not installed properly and would not work on gas. Fixed myself.

Over all though not to bad for a new coach and mostly minor issues and not show stoppers for trips!!

We love the coach and would buy another one any day!!! Averaging about 10.5 to 11.5 mpg and that is towing a Cadillac SRX (4500 lbs) at about 60 to 70 mph depending on speed limit. Great ride and awesome features and comfortable living!!!! Would recommend these to anyone!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2196657724.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	40591
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #2

Yep, pretty much X2 on the quality of my Berky and FR service. I STOLE mine for a measly $125K (titled, but NEVER used; even once). It's a '11 390RB-40 that I've had almost a year.

Major issues for me:

Lippert entry step had the "hiccups". After tinkering with it myself since the day I came home with the unit, FINALLY got it fixed with a new motor (comped by FR even though I bought used) just within the last month.

Pads on leveling jacks too light and ram punched thru two of them. Four new reinforced pads comped by Equalizer Systems.

Magnum inverter/charger was WAY overcharging my house bats, to the point where they are now ruined. Upgraded the control panel in the coach (my expense; $225) to cut the charge rate back and now the overcharging problem is gone. Still have to buy replacement house batts (probably around $600). However I boondock rarely so no hurry, I guess.

Weight issue was resolved for the front axle by FR upgrade (again comped by FR). Had to go to Elkhart to get it done though; a LONG trip (from Denver) for me.

Found out within the last week, that even though my stickers specify a rear axle gross weight of 17500 lbs (I am at 18400 back there), the RA is in fact safe, legal and was designed for a max weight of 19000 lbs. So, I am now within "spec" all around on the weight issue.

These were my most troublesome. Several other minor things, that I fixed myself at a cost of a few dollars. No sense nickel and dime-ing FR to death and becoming a PITA to them.

All in all, I could not be much happier with the Berk considering the price I paid. While I have no legal warranty (except for the FL chassis which transferred to me), FR and their suppliers have comped me quite a bit of stuff from a $$$ standpoint.

Coach has been GREAT and customer service likewise.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #3

boo,
Did you leave off a few zeroes from that $125 you said you paid or did you pay only $125 for the coach? How did you find the coach and if you only paid $125 for it, you really did steal it!!
Was it bought from a dealer or private party?
Either way, you got a real deal!
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
boo,
Did you leave off a few zeroes from that $125 you said you paid or did you pay only $125 for the coach? How did you find the coach and if you only paid $125 for it, you really did steal it!!
Was it bought from a dealer or private party?
Either way, you got a real deal!
Tom
Tom, thanks for pointing out that I left out the letter "K". I've fixed that omission. I bought it from the original owner, whom I found on the internet. Had searched for 6 months when I spotted it.

Was in Mesa, AZ and RACED to Salt Lake City to close the deal and pick it up, before someone else snatched it out from under me.

The original owner had secured a new job that required travel from Salt Lake City to Northern Montana (6 months on each end, every year). Then the job was canceled and he had no use for the coach.

I suspect he also lost a rather substantial pay raise with the new job, 'cause basically all he wanted was his payoff.

Once in awhile (as my 'ol daddy used to say) even a blind sow will find an acorn!!

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #5

Boo,
I can see why you raced to get it! Even at $125k, sounds like you got a great deal.
Take car,
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
Berkshire club

1st shake down trip in 2014 berkshire 36QL-60

Hello everyone glad to be here. i just wanted to put in our first run bugs and get compairing notes from all of you just pickup up our 2014 Berkshire 360Ql-60
first run was to the ABQ balloon Fiesta this year great event by the way 1st time to get in, stayed at the Presidents Campground
ok, just as we were departing i tested the 8K generator and click click no crank
being a mechanic i ran thru some checks and ended up having to pickup a new starter from Cummins before we finally hit the road alls well ....
trip was flawless ,after arring in ABQ had problems with the tankless water heater not working and having to repeatedly going outside and removing cover to power off the unit to reset, i figured out the on board coach H2O pump surges and trips low flow protect so i replace pump and now works perfectly on the return we had the air suspension stop and you cannot drive without it Beats you to death so roadside assistance helped reset a little red button behind the front axle and the air bags worked again and after getting home the Gen has not started again getting code 3 and 17 well cummins hasn't called back and dealer helped a lot but i am down to the controller being faulty($1500) 17 indicated faulty fuel pump but pump is delivering fuel and jumper to starter cranks engine but no start so problem still pending. so anyone out there have any 8k onan HDKAK Spec M problems? other than that i loved our trip.Happy Travels all!
will post some Fiesta pics soon
Berkshire Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #7

My genny wouldnt start either. Brought it back to the dealer and he said its was a faulty fuel pump. Replaced it and no issues since. He said there was a batch of bad pumps and they had been replacing them left and right. I know you said your is working, but food for thought. Best of luck.
Mbh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Berkshire club

Hmm, thanks for the info i will replace the pump just because (warranty) and try again ha maybe it has a low flow problem! i have the control box unplugged now and will try and see if it clears the fault after i reconnect it but i doubt it
they are pretty good over a cummins all i have to do is let them know what i tried or tested and the say bring in the old part and fill out the warranty paper and go after all that should be cheaper than a controller
thanks again
Berkshire Driver is offline   Reply With Quote