Old 06-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #1
Would You Buy Another Berk?

Presently DW and I enjoy our 2011 Georgetown. We are starting to kick around the idea of moving up to a DP. The question of would you buy a Forest River product again has been asked on the General Forum, but I wonder how many Berkshire (and for that matter Charleston owners) owners would buy another Berk? Why would someone, and if not, why not? Thanks!

2011 Georgetown 330TS
RAV4 on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
We recently had the chance to camp at a campground with both as well as Winnebago Tour. Huge difference in the quality and standard features v options with the Tour.

lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
Love mine and would buy again even though I had some issues with the shack out period. But some of that I blame me and my dealer... Only thing I'd do different is more Ac! I'm in Arizona and its flip'n hot! Never 2nd guessed our purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 400BH-60
jcowles3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
I like ours an awful lot. Only used it a few times so far, but based on the use we did get out of it so far, I would definitely buy one again !!!
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #5
Staying with forestriver

Oh yes I will I love the 2010 Berk 390 BH. Thinking of up grading to Berk with bath and a half.
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #6
Have had our 2014 Berkshire 390 Fl for just a year now. Had a Thor coach before. One issue after another with the Thor.

Had 3 or four PDI items the dealer fixed at purchase. One step - tile issue that FR factory fixed the day I picked up from dealer in Elkhart.

Had a small leak in a window that dealer fixed the other day on our way to Michigan.

Coach is a great coach & I would for sure recommend it to you. While at the dealer couple weeks ago they were trying to get me to trade for the Charleston. They made a great deal. Told them the Berkshire was just too good. Guess I'll just have to keep it.
Good luck with your decision.

CAT-RN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:48 PM   #7
We have had our 2014 390BH-60 since March and love it. Went to Berkshire / Charleston plant in Elkhart earlier this week and am considering upgrading to a Charleston for the creature comforts and the 450hp engine.

But we do love our Berk!
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #8
Would definitely buy again. If I was to step up to a tag, (I have a 390fl now) I would want to have an aqua hot system, which I hope Forest River will offer in the future. The factory support has been exceptional...
gasman94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #9
Although I do love my Berk, if I was to purchase another motorhome I would upgrade to a Newmar.

DW & I didn't agree on floorplan, she won, we have the 390BH. I wanted the bath & 1/2. I'm a big dude and like the larger rear bath. I had a few problems with mine but FR & my dealer both stepped up and repaired it. I have no real complaints about it other than the smallish bathroom.
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #10
Newmar is about the only thing I would trade my 390 RB. They build a great MH but as anyone they have issues also. It seems that the factory is top notch and the service is equal to FR. I love my large rear bath and we use the half bath a lot. My biggest problem is jumping up in price. I Dutch Star Tag will run 350,000$

Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote