Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRL1 View Post
Would like to hear how your service at LazyDays goes. LazyDays is one of the dealers we are considering purchasing a Berkshire XLT from, service reviews weren’t that great online but maybe being a “Crown Club” coach will make a difference.
If you are in DE, Why go to FL?

We had a great experience at Total Value RV in Elkhart, IN.

If you decide to go with them, PM me and I will tell you more
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #22

We purchased our XLT 43A from Lazy Days in Tampa last June. The big advantage of Lazy Days is indeed the Crown Club. The Crown Club is setup so you can stay in your RV during any service/repair being done to your RV. Not only is a camp site with elect/water/sewer provided, breakfast, lunch and a happy hour. This means you can live in your RV, and they provide meals so you do not have to cook during the day. Gives techs more time to work issues as you are not doing that yourself. Nice clubhouse with pool to hang around during the day if you don't want to take in any of the local sites of which there are many. After dealing with La Mesa RV for service with our last couple RV's I will never go back. BTW, our sales guy, Paul Thomas, got us a better deal than any other internet dealers could so yes the cost of Crown Club may be included but it's well worth it to us especially after dealing with La Mesa RV. Just our opinion.....
MrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #23

The sales experience was great. Our salesman Chris Sharp went above and beyond our expectations to find the right coach for us. He spent 3 days with us showing and driving several units. We had a few issues on delivery that were addressed by the service dept . Our previous 2 motorhomes were purchased at Camping World will never make that mistake again.
cobra350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #24

Just bought a 2016 XLT 43 A. Overall a great floor plan but the shower turned out to be a little smaller than I originally thought it would be. Mine is the older one before they changed the tag axle to steerable ( not sure but it's different) and we have carpet in the BR which I don't care for so much. Besides having the Attwood hot water heater we are really enjoying the coach.
Owned since Sept 2 and already put on another 2500 miles since we bought it
Storey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storey View Post
Just bought a 2016 XLT 43 A. Overall a great floor plan but the shower turned out to be a little smaller than I originally thought it would be. Mine is the older one before they changed the tag axle to steerable ( not sure but it's different) and we have carpet in the BR which I don't care for so much. Besides having the Attwood hot water heater we are really enjoying the coach.
Owned since Sept 2 and already put on another 2500 miles since we bought it

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8169.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	155934
Old 11-06-2017, 09:40 PM   #26
Dragonship Captain

Nice. 58% chance you'll end up doing something about the Atwood. Most people bite the bullet and shell out about $1500 to put in the Truma. Read my blog for a cheaper albeit more creative solution.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarvan View Post
Nice. 58% chance you'll end up doing something about the Atwood. Most people bite the bullet and shell out about $1500 to put in the Truma. Read my blog for a cheaper albeit more creative solution.

Maybe higher. Read your blog twice and you describe the issues better than anyone I've talked to. Not sure I could pull off those mods but something to consider
Old 11-07-2017, 01:20 AM   #28
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Maybe higher. Read your blog twice and you describe the issues better than anyone I've talked to. Not sure I could pull off those mods but something to consider
Yeah it takes some doing, and if you can't do it yourself you go into the great unknown with people charging by the hour which is pretty scary.

I'll tell you this, the speed of the hot water supply in my Berk is better than in my house now.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #29

We bought a new 2016 F150 XLT this past March. No real problems and we love it.
pete100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete100 View Post
We bought a new 2016 F150 XLT this past March. No real problems and we love it.
Wrong XLT
Old 11-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #31

Quote:
We were lucky and had the Truma installed at the factory. Absolutely love it and would put it up against any residential tankless!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #32
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Wrong XLT
But we're happy you're happy.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #33

XLT owner

We are brand new owners of Berkshire 45AXLT purchased October 14, 2017 @ Lazy Days in Seffner, Fla
The reason we own the 45A is b/c we had signed a deal on a 40C @ Lazy Days during our PDI we found an extensive leak in the compartment above the passenger seat. We cancelled that entire deal did not take delivery and they so lovingly talked us into making our deal sweeter and we purchased the 45A.
Three weeks into our ownership and having traveled home to WNY, we had a rainstorm. Upon entering the coach on the morning of Nov. 5 our stair well had standing water. We thought the door hadn't been closed properly. But it was much worse. Over the day with the persistent rain. The entire front of the coach became saturated. The head liners, cabinets, dash, floor, drivers side electrical components were dripping. We resorted to pails, bowls, and tied garbage bags to the (2) fans. The water was pouring in the electrical cords of the fans like a faucet was turned on.
We were told by the regional manager of Berkshire located @ lazy days I quote "This is not a normal problem, and it didn't exist until now." His theory was something went wrong w/ power washing the rig or a seal let loose.
But having experienced twice with basically the same rig at the same dealership within a 3 days period. Doesn't sound not normal to me.
What do you all think ????
wholistic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #34

We have had several leaks as well, and I seriously doubt ours (or yours) was due to pressure washing - especially since a pressure washer has never touched our XLT
Old 11-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholistic13 View Post
We are brand new owners of Berkshire 45AXLT purchased October 14, 2017 @ Lazy Days in Seffner, Fla

The reason we own the 45A is b/c we had signed a deal on a 40C @ Lazy Days during our PDI we found an extensive leak in the compartment above the passenger seat. We cancelled that entire deal did not take delivery and they so lovingly talked us into making our deal sweeter and we purchased the 45A.

Three weeks into our ownership and having traveled home to WNY, we had a rainstorm. Upon entering the coach on the morning of Nov. 5 our stair well had standing water. We thought the door hadn't been closed properly. But it was much worse. Over the day with the persistent rain. The entire front of the coach became saturated. The head liners, cabinets, dash, floor, drivers side electrical components were dripping. We resorted to pails, bowls, and tied garbage bags to the (2) fans. The water was pouring in the electrical cords of the fans like a faucet was turned on.

We were told by the regional manager of Berkshire located @ lazy days I quote "This is not a normal problem, and it didn't exist until now." His theory was something went wrong w/ power washing the rig or a seal let loose.

But having experienced twice with basically the same rig at the same dealership within a 3 days period. Doesn't sound not normal to me.

What do you all think ????

If you look in the history of the Berkshire Forum you will find many references to leaking over the driver’s and passenger seats and water coming out of the cabinets above and the circulating fans. The seal between the end cap and fiberglass roof fails very often. On both our Berks we had the issue and FR had to reseal the joint.
This is a common problem for FR but yours seems to be the worst I have heard of.
All the old caulking must be removed and the both surfaces cleaned and dried. Then use Dicor sealant liberally on the joint.

Good luck and I know you will enjoy the XLT once you get over these annoyances.
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #36
Dragonship Captain

It is not a difficult repair. Any competent RV service outfit can do it. But, you need to get it done ASAP as the water WILL do damage. If it were me I would be calling FR directly and getting them to authorize the repair at a nearby facility STAT. BTW, there is no regional manager of Berkshire that I am aware of. There's the Forest River Diesel Division and then there's dealers out there. The accountability of dealers to Forest River is not the same as it is in the auto industry.

Meanwhile I would be up there looking for obvious places of ingress, as mentioned where the front cap meets the roof, and any of the marker lights up there. Anything to slow the leak..... even duct tape.

Call FR now.....

Randy Hauser 574-522-1593
Mitch Wort 574-295-2117
Old 11-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #37

Smile

We recently bought a 2018 Berkshire XLT 43C. So far all is good. We have a couple of small things for warranty. We purchased it at MHSRV.com in Alvarado Texas. This is the second coach we purchased from them and could not ask for better service. Definitely worth the drive. Ask for Marty.
DFuerstenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:33 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFuerstenberg View Post
We recently bought a 2018 Berkshire XLT 43C. So far all is good. We have a couple of small things for warranty. We purchased it at MHSRV.com in Alvarado Texas. This is the second coach we purchased from them and could not ask for better service. Definitely worth the drive. Ask for Marty.

I tried to buy another rv from mhsrv a coulple of months ago, what a waste of a day, finance guy and sales guy couldn't get their stories straight and I finally called everyone into the same office and asked "who's lying?" My first rv I bought back in 13' from them was the best experience ever, not so much the 2nd try. I won't be back...... glad you had a great experience!
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijoeboss View Post
I tried to buy another rv from mhsrv a coulple of months ago, what a waste of a day, finance guy and sales guy couldn't get their stories straight and I finally called everyone into the same office and asked "who's lying?" My first rv I bought back in 13' from them was the best experience ever, not so much the 2nd try. I won't be back...... glad you had a great experience!
Try Total Value RV in Elkhart - not 6 miles from the Forest River Diesel Division

Great bunch of folks there!
Old 11-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #40

Honestly with the lack of service from most dealerships I would simply shop the country for the cheapest price. Service from a dealership means nothing to me. I was ten miles from my dealer and it went back once. Find the best price and get it from them. Motorhomes2go has good prices. I have heard good and bad from most all dealers.
zuckerburg is offline   Reply With Quote