Old 11-16-2017, 10:04 PM   #1

XLT owners need your HELP

I am trying to assist an XLT owner with a power problem.

On the the 2 AC lines coming out of the Magnum inverter, are they circuit protected?

If yes do you know where the protection device is mounted? Reset-able fuse or something. We cannot find it. There are two lines so I suspect two breakers or fuses. They are not in the fuse box.

There are no fuses on the inverter as I would expect. The fuse area on the magnum is blank or empty so there must be an external device somewhere.

Please take a look on your coaches.

I appreciate your help.

silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
I am trying to assist an XLT owner with a power problem.

On the the 2 AC lines coming out of the Magnum inverter, are they circuit protected?

If yes do you know where the protection device is mounted? Reset-able fuse or something. We cannot find it. There are two lines so I suspect two breakers or fuses. They are not in the fuse box.

There are no fuses on the inverter as I would expect. The fuse area on the magnum is blank or empty so there must be an external device somewhere.

Please take a look on your coaches.

I appreciate your help.
I can't believe non of you will look!

Old 11-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #3

I can go out to the barn and look if you still need help, mine is a 2015 Charleston 430RB but would think it would be the same.
What is the model of Magnum, mine has fuses on the side of it. And you have no A/C out or it's not getting to the coach? Bad on both external power and Generator?
Bill

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #4

Hi Bill,

Thanks. My buddy is down south and I am up north. I do not know the model but his Magnum is a 2000 watt and the picture he sent showed carriage bolts where the circuit breaker would be. Magnum book says that type of inverter needs to be fused bi the body builder.

His AC from the inverter to the interior of the coach is dead including frig. Will not work of shore power, generator, or inverted battery. It went after a space heater was plugged in. I have to believe FR has reset able fuses somewhere in the basement near the inverter but he cannot find them. Nothing in the circuit breaker box ether.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
Dragonship Captain

OK, I don't know all the varieties of wiring schemes for these buses. All I know very well is how mine is wired. It's described in detail on my blog. IF what you're looking at is similar you may want to question the inverter breaker on the panel. A multi meter on BOTH sides of the breaker to verify that it is passing 120V to the inverter is the first step. Yes, since the inverter breaker is (on mine) 30A there has to be protection downstream on the individual circuits (outlets/fridge probably 15A each). (And since you say it's a 2000W inverter it has to be at least 20A, and probably 30) Again, all I have to offer is how mine is wired which is back to the 120V distribution panel.

https://dragonship.blog/modification...breaker-panel/

If your friend's setup is not back through the panel you will have to trace the wiring, which is a pain. But again, first make sure there is 120V going TO the inverter. There HAS to be a breaker for that. (If anything it protects the charger part.....speaking of which.... does he show charging?..... it's another tell tale)
Old 11-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #6

Silver, I have the magnum 2000 in mine. The two carriage bolts are in front where the output is. On the right side there is a green light. Above the light is a reset button. With all power disconnected (AC and D.C.). So he will have to open the battery disconnect. Hold the on/off button down for 15 seconds.

Then close battery disc and plug back in. I can email you the manual if you need it.
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #7
Dragonship Captain

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...0.html?page=63
Old 11-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #8

Here is what mine looks like. The two output CBS are on the front and the on off button is on the right. One output circuit goes to the kitchen. Chasing the other one down tomorrow to try and figure out what the heck happened with my power and inverter last week.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1249.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	156614Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1250.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	156615
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 11-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #9

Silver, the same thing happened to me last week. Try the reset and if it doesn't work, tell him to start the engine and run it for a while. He probably has a fault light on the remote panel inside for the inverter. That's why he can't reset the kitchen breaker. Once the engine charges the house batteries, the fault will go away. That was one thing I did to reset mine last weekend. See if that works and if not, I have a couple of more suggestions.
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 11-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #10
Who Dares, Wins

While I have a 5er my invertor has a breaker at the battery. It is about the size of a pack of smokes

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote