Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #41

Don't Stress the Mess

A lot of great advise on coffee here. I have tried all types and your tolerance for coffee ground mess is key. French presses makes the strongest coffee but create a mess at the bottom to clean up afterwards. Percolators make the weak coffee and leave a big mess to clean up and grounds in your coffee. The longer it percolates the stronger the coffee, but you get a burnt flavor if you try to make it as strong as a french press. Melitta makes the closest to an automatic drip coffeemaker with no mess and less cost, and you can make it stronger if you mix the boiling water with fresh grounds in a glass measuring cup first then pour over the filter. I personally prefer the Melitta premix method. If you like pre-ground Folgers or the like use the Melitta.

2019 Hemisphere GLX 314BUD with Goodyear Endurance tires
2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Cummins SRW
Husky Centerline WDH/Anti-sway
TST 507 TPMS
Dual Honda EU2200i w/extended run tank
Mad_River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
T&M
We use a Melitta coffee maker. Boil water on the stove top, then pour over coffee in the Melitta. When it finishes dripping thru I pour it into a thermal carafe. Makes 4-5 cups. Look on Amazon for fans by O2-Cool, sometimes without the dash. We have 2 of the 10inch 12v fans. Watch, some of them are 9v. Don't put 8 D-batteries in them, just connect them to the trailer 12v. Ours are a few years old and still run great.

You'll love boondocking.

Mike
Us too. this all we use, even when we have electrical sites. It make great tasting coffee and it's HOT.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #43

Do what you like but for me I like the stove top percolator, I like it hot. I don’t like it black, I put in sweet & low and great value coffee creamer. Works for me
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #44

I had a Aunt & Uncle that Loved there Percolators sooo much they never switch to a drip coffee maker till about 4 years back !!!
They complained -it was never Hot enough !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan